TODAY'S GUN TIME

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,581  
I use BB load around here because it's pretty handy. The shotgun is my home defense weapon. Fortunately - 40 years and I never needed it for that purpose. It's also effective on the few things I do shoot. Porcupines, intruding badgers & skunks - that's about it. The gun sees more wear being cleaned than being shot.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,582  
One of my buddies took this beautiful Tom at our farm this morning. He's worked that bird for two weeks, I'm pretty sure this is the 2nd biggest thrill He's ever had.....

Attachments

• IMG_0991.jpg
    IMG_0991.jpg
    621.9 KB · Views: 80
   / TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,584  
The smile says it all.
I love to see that!! Spring turkey is my favorite hunting of all time!!! If I had to give up all my hunting except for one, I'd choose to keep spring turkey. Once you've called one in and got him, all hunting pales in comparison.

I went out three times this season. The first outing (with my daughter) I called one in but he circled behind us and busted us. The next morning I called one but he hung up in a thicket and after 1.5 hours trying every option I could, I couldn't get him to come in.

The second outing, I called in three but my friends 10YO boy couldn't sit still and they stayed out of range.

My third outing I busted a whopper of a 27lb. Rio with a 10 " beard and 1 1/4" spurs. The same bird that hung up in the thicket when I hunted with my daughter.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
#7,585  
Frustrating... I still don't want to practice and deplete. Prices still too high... maybe not ridiculous but definitely more than my appetite. At least they are slowly dropping. I keep monitoring on ammoseek.com.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME
#7,586  
I use BB load around here because it's pretty handy. The shotgun is my home defense weapon. Fortunately - 40 years and I never needed it for that purpose. It's also effective on the few things I do shoot. Porcupines, intruding badgers & skunks - that's about it. The gun sees more wear being cleaned than being shot.
That's okay... at that (our) age, occasional exercise is par. :p

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,587  
I keep monitoring on ammoseek.com.
I was just texting with the oldest stepson down in Texas last night. He needs about 500 rounds for some qualifications, and can't find anything near that locally. I directed him to AmmoSeek. I've never failed to find what I need there. I may not always like the prices, but there is always inventory somewhere. Love that website.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,588  
Just had another thousand rounds of .223 (55 grain Hornady Spire Point's) go out the door at .70 cents per. If I had 10K, I could sell them all.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,589  
I love to see that!! Spring turkey is my favorite hunting of all time!!! If I had to give up all my hunting except for one, I'd choose to keep spring turkey. Once you've called one in and got him, all hunting pales in comparison.

I went out three times this season. The first outing (with my daughter) I called one in but he circled behind us and busted us. The next morning I called one but he hung up in a thicket and after 1.5 hours trying every option I could, I couldn't get him to come in.

The second outing, I called in three but my friends 10YO boy couldn't sit still and they stayed out of range.

My third outing I busted a whopper of a 27lb. Rio with a 10 " beard and 1 1/4" spurs. The same bird that hung up in the thicket when I hunted with my daughter.
They cleared out about 70 acres of woods next to me last year and the turkeys here have all but disappeared. I had one loner running around but I wasn't about to shoot it.

/ TODAY'S GUN TIME #7,590  
My wife says her guns are for people who try to shoot our turkeys and deer!

Attachments

• 20210411_111307.jpg
    20210411_111307.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 62