A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #142  
I don't believe that the IRS takes the time to sue. They just take what they want... as Willie can attest.
IRS robot is not going to take the time to explain how IRS is Internal Revenue Service.

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O
At least they had a DC exchange...

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #144  
They say the IRS won't call you on the phone, but MANY years ago, I got a call at work from a guy who said he was with the IRS and he wanted to talk about the $5000 I owed them. Turns out there is (or was) a guy with a name identical to mine, who was a dead beat. I told the IRS guy I didn't owe them anything, and when we checked addresses and wives names, he apologized and went on his way.

I also got calls from people trying to collect bad debts, looking for this guy. I think he finally moved to the Okefenokee swamps.

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #145  
They say the IRS won't call you on the phone, but MANY years ago, I got a call at work from a guy who said he was with the IRS and he wanted to talk about the $5000 I owed them. Turns out there is (or was) a guy with a name identical to mine, who was a dead beat. I told the IRS guy I didn't owe them anything, and when we checked addresses and wives names, he apologized and went on his way.

I also got calls from people trying to collect bad debts, looking for this guy. I think he finally moved to the Okefenokee swamps.
Darn...you should of said $5,000? No problem...where are you? O.K., I'll meet you at _______ restaurant today at 6pm with the cash. Dinner's on me!

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #146  

Who would of thought there were 2 2LaneCruzers in the world?

MoKelly

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #147  

I also got calls from people trying to collect bad debts, looking for this guy. I think he finally moved to the Okefenokee swamps

Same has happened to me 2Lane about a bill collector . . . got a call they told me they were a collection agency . . . long story short they were looking for a person 1/3 my age with the same name and same state . . . these bill collectors will try anything.

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #148  
Just got a call from a Germany exchange number, blah blah blah, that I need to appear before the magistrate before bad things happen to me.
Where can I find a magistrate in the US ? :)
In NC, at the county jail. :D

There is a magistrate at the jail to verify probable cause for an arrest before a suspect is given a place to stay or bailed/bonded out.

Later,
Dan

/ A federal warrant has been issued for my arrest! :-O #150  
Why would anyone answer a phone w/o Googling a number first? What about texts, as in just about all I get that's legit? My private line has names and thus permissions. My home line is never answered. All numbers are searched. Neither line has any answering machine or voicemail. That's how I minimize junk call repeats and number sales. btw, I haven't missed an important connection in years.