Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #92  
Our goal is to leave most of the property wooded and only maintain the yard and driveway, maybe a small firing range where I could handle mowing that with either the belly or a 3 point. I am pretty familiar with the cut quality of the 1025R with the 7 iron deck as I've used our neighbors and it cuts far better than my older Husqvarna with a 48" fab deck.

Most of my mowing will be the yard. If I need to mow field/do tractor work I plan on taking the deck off which makes the drive over of the JD extremely enticing. I'm planning on using the mower on my current property now (~1.2 acres of lawn) until we finish construction which may be a few years.
What is the cut quality of a B2601's belly mower or is this a case of "let the dedicated mower be a mower", IE buy a dedicated mower for mowing and a tractor for tractor work?

On another note, it does appear that LS is currently running a promotion for a free loader...............
zero turn and a skid steer

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #93  
Kioti CK3510 Dimensions

Length w/ 3-point hitch - 120.9 in. (3,070 mm)
Width - 54.5 in. (1,385 mm)
Height from Top of ROPS - 99.2 in. (2,520 mm)
Wheelbase - 65.7 in. (1,670 mm)
Ground Clearance - 13.4 in. (340 mm)
Min. Turning Radius w/ Brake - 8.0 ft. (2.4 m)
Weight w/ Ag Tires w/ ROPS - 2,679 lbs. (1,215 kg)

Kioti CK2610 Dimensions

Weight w/ Ag Tires w/ ROPS - 2,646 lbs. (1,200 kg)
I have a Kioti CK3510. I think the smaller tractors like the BX2680 or the Kioti CK2610 are too light weight to be of much use. I have put more than 600 hours on the tractor in the last 4 years. It has been a great little tractor for me. I don't like Kubotas because the the treadle throttle doesn't work for me. I have a friend with a JD2032 but it doesn't seem as beefy as my CK3510.
Why do you say the CK2610 is a smaller tractor than the CK3510? They are the same size frame.... just different HP.....

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #94  
Massey Ferguson GC1725MB is my choice. I have 1.5 acres with half in a ravine and use the heck out of it. Runs a PTO chipper and got a Braber grapple for storm clean-up.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #95  
I have a bx25d on 8.5 acres - belly mount 54inch mower handles the 3.5 acres of grass well, but it is a long process- about 4hrs. It has a loader and backhoe which are easy on-off using bxexpanded dollies- I make extensive use of the loader- produce and move about 3-4cords of wood, snow removal, etc. I sometimes wish for a bigger tractor, but my grass is broken up by lots of smaller orchard trees, and maneuvering around them would be difficult.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #96  
Kioti CK3510 Dimensions

Weight w/ Ag Tires w/ ROPS - 2,679 lbs. (1,215 kg)

Kioti CK2610 Dimensions

Weight w/ Ag Tires w/ ROPS - 2,646 lbs. (1,200 kg)

Why do you say the CK2610 is a smaller tractor than the CK3510? They are the same size frame.... just different HP.....
All the CK10's are the same size and have the same loader now, yes. Not sure if he meant vs the CX2510 which is lighter and has a lower lift capacity..?

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #97  
I am looking for recommendations for a sub-compact or compact tractor. Right now my wife and I have a smaller property (1.2 acres). We have property that we will be building on in the next few years (15 acres with a ~600-800ft planned driveway). I am looking to get a front mount blower, front loader, and belly mower for the time being. We are planning a 1.5-2 acre finish cut area at this time. If I need a backhoe I will rent one. Another usage will be at my family cabin for doing some light work moving dirt and moving wood around.

I'd like to stick to a company that I can expect to have a long service life (IE 20-30 year part availability) which has really pointed me toward units like a JD 1025R or Kubota BX2680.
Well im of a totally different nature! If I was you I would not buy a tractor for its belly mower to me thats all a gimmick! A zero turn will cut it in half the time if its finish mowing quality land! If its not finish quality land and grass then a brush hog is better! But if i was to have land/grass finish quality i would probably go find a classic diesel tractor in the 35hp to 45hp range you know a 40+ year old John deere or if like color red a international! Then I would dedicate it for the brush work! Place a 7' to 8' finish mower on the back and not mess with it! Then get another used tractor with front end loader a few years old can be found 1/3 less than new and still in most cases have warranty still! If you want a tractor that has 20 to 30 years parts availability then it needs to be a 20 to 30 year old tractor that you can find parts! All the new stuff has problems and is not made by the company with the name badges on them they all get parts from other companies and they all have known issues that they let go till your warranty is gone and you are stuck with paying out of pocket! I have a 1960s 35hp diesel tractor that I use with a 6ft brush hog and its been more reliable than my newer tractor and super easy to diagnose if something is not right! It will brush hog just as good as any newer tractor it cost me $2k and mower cost $500! All the 70s to 80s tractors that still have parts availability usually all have most modern convenience! But like I said I'm of a different nature I get pleasure out of using a old classic tractor looking like my grandad did 40 years ago! But whatever you buy remember location of your dealer will be more important than its company name! You will.need parts just a matter of time! If buying a classic then buy brand that is/was most popular around your area like some areas New Holland is every where and in others its John Deere so finding not only parts but mechanics or advice is easier! Good luck and buy biggest you can justify because I have never needed a weaker smaller tractor!

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #98  
Kubota is not what it used to be I've had tractors for over 50 years check out the new Branson's look up Keno tractors online

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #99  
I am looking for recommendations for a sub-compact or compact tractor. Right now my wife and I have a smaller property (1.2 acres). We have property that we will be building on in the next few years (15 acres with a ~600-800ft planned driveway). I am looking to get a front mount blower, front loader, and belly mower for the time being. We are planning a 1.5-2 acre finish cut area at this time. If I need a backhoe I will rent one. Another usage will be at my family cabin for doing some light work moving dirt and moving wood around.

I'd like to stick to a company that I can expect to have a long service life (IE 20-30 year part availability) which has really pointed me toward units like a JD 1025R or Kubota BX2680.
Are you planning on using the tractor to help you build you house. Go bigger with forks.

/ Sub-Compact/Compact Recommendations #100  

You have the right idea, about a reputable Co., that will have parts for you down the road. I would recommend going a little larger, w/ a heavier tractor & loader. I traded up to a JD 2038R a couple yr. ago, w/ loader & deck. I am very happy w/ it, & the auto-connect mower deck, really does work.