UFO's... What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / UFO's... What do you think? #622  
I’m thinking any aliens are so unlike us that we cannot comprehend.

They probably don’t have 2 arms and legs.

They don’t breathe like we breathe.

They don’t eat like we eat.

They don’t need our minerals.

They don’t care about us.

MoKelly
I tend to think they would be more like us than not...and here's why. Convergent evolution; specifically, a big brained, thinking rational being that has survived and evolved by it's adaptability, namely it's ability to make the environment fit it. For instance, in order to make tools, you need a brain that can recognize you need one, and an extremely dexterous appendage, like a human hand, to fashion it. We are the only being on this earth with the attributes needed. I would suspect an alien to have two arms with hands not unlike ours.

Last edited:
   / UFO's... What do you think? #623  
So... we should assume an Alien life form, more intelligent than us, would treat humans better than say, Europeans treated the American Indians; the Spanish treated the Inca's or the Aztec's; or the British the Aboriginal's in Australia?
There's no way to know. If the stories of aliens are true, they seem to be neither hostile, nor extreme benevolent. I admittedly assumed that a society more highly developed than ours would be more paternalistic than hostile...but no guarantee.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #626  
I've been kind of annoyed at the probes and beacons we've been sending out advertising our presence. It seems like a potentially dangerous thing to do.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #627  
I've been kind of annoyed at the probes and beacons we've been sending out advertising our presence. It seems like a potentially dangerous thing to do.
We are who we are, for better or worse. There's no sense hiding under a bush. ;)

/ UFO's... What do you think? #628  
Unless in some far off part of the universe where every solar system and its planets and moons etc. support life...I would think that other possible intelligent life forms would find it (life) as rare and be as interested in us as we would be in them...
From the onset of humanity we know hostility because of the cultural differences between the races etc...it possible there are intelligent life forms that thrive in a place that never knew hostility...we tend to assume all would be like us...

/ UFO's... What do you think? #629  
If the continents hadn't drifted apart, mankind might have evolved to be all be the same race/language/culture.

Bruce

/ UFO's... What do you think? #630  
Nope, don't believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.