UFO's... What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / UFO's... What do you think? #631  
If the continents hadn't drifted apart, mankind might have evolved to be all be the same race/language/culture.

Bruce
If we survive long enough that's where we'll eventually end up. One race, one culture, one language, etc. Until then we'll keep killing people because their culture is different or they believe in different supernatural beings than we do.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #632  
If we survive long enough that's where we'll eventually end up. One race, one culture, one language, etc. Until then we'll keep killing people because their culture is different or they believe in different supernatural beings than we do.
I really doubt that will happen. As a species we will probably, through being drawn closer by modern transportation and communication, become closer and more familiar, but I don't think it will ever overcome the tribal mentality. People tend to take pride in their differences and their cultures and their beliefs, and look down upon those who are different.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #633  
If we survive long enough the continents may drift so far as to connect again on the other side.
Not in my lifetime though, just as I never will see the one race/culture/language.
OTOH it was tried almost a century ago, by some loser named ******.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #634  
Well the report to Congress should be released within the next month about UAPs
also 60 minutes had a look into UFO subject speaking with some military pilots on Sunday night.

Looking forward to what is disclosed in the upcoming report

/ UFO's... What do you think? #635  
If the continents hadn't drifted apart, mankind might have evolved to be all be the same race/language/culture.

Bruce
Not really...family , faith and food are what define a culture...food is the only one of the three that is relative to geological location...

/ UFO's... What do you think? #636  
Not really...family , faith and food are what define a culture...food is the only one of the three that is relative to geological location...
It's a bit more complicated than that; not even Anthropologists can always agree on what it is...in fact, there is a complete body of study known as "Cultural Anthropology". Here's an example of one definition:

Culture…is that complex whole which includes knowledge, belief, art, law, morals, custom, and any other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a member of society (Tylor 1920 [1871]: 1)

But I agree...there are probably no circumstances under which we would all have been one race and one culture, unless you would limit our population to a few thousand people living in one spot.

/ UFO's... What do you think? #637  
It's a bit more complicated than that; not even Anthropologists can always agree on what it is...in fact, there is a complete body of study known as "Cultural Anthropology". Here's an example of one definition:

Culture…is that complex whole which includes knowledge, belief, art, law, morals, custom, and any other capabilities and habits acquired by man as a member of society (Tylor 1920 [1871]: 1)

But I agree...there are probably no circumstances under which we would all have been one race and one culture, unless you would limit our population to a few thousand people living in one spot.
But what you refer to is a fully developed and seasoned culture...I was merely pointing out the basic fundamentals that are the seed of a culture...you can take everything else away but with just those three culture will evolve...

/ UFO's... What do you think? #638  

And yet... we in America will separate ourselves from each of those things we once agreed upon, that made us that unique Nation, to fight each other over politics...

/ UFO's... What do you think? #639  
Lets get to the questions we all want to know.
Where is their vital area and how much would a good shoulder mount cost.

Status
Not open for further replies.