Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #121  
I am very close to buying my first tractor. One of the last decisions I need to make is if I should get the cab version or not. I currently live in FL and the endless summer is brutal and the AC seems inviting. Problem is I am moving to middle TN and not sure if the cab is needed as much there. I know it gets colder and I know there are seasons and it is something I have not experienced in 30 years.

I am a little worried about the cab height and how it might limit the places the tractor can go. I also know most of the time will be spent with the rotary cutter in the open areas. I don't think I will be crashing through the woods with the tractor but I don't want to limit to much where I can go. I guess I am in kinda a chicken / egg situation. I need a tractor but I am not sure exactly what I will be doing yet except mowing the open spaces. I would love to hear opinions.
If your really undecided, but would like both, they have aftermarket cabs that can be applied and taken off without too much hassle. It's handy for the winter when blowing snow up north here, and nice removed for hauling logs out of the woods without a cab. And also you can have the canopy on it for shade in the summer. But if you figure your going to spend hours daily in it, stick with a cab.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #122  
To cab or not? Just ask yourself which you enjoy more - Convenience or Comfort?

The open station is more convenient for doing work around the property, the cab is more comfortable.

Both work just fine. It's just prefererence. Compact tractor work is rarely something that has to be done on a tight schedule. Usually you have the luxury of chosing the weather.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #123  
Congrats on your purchase. Here on TBN, the rule is no pictures, it never happened. :)

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #124  
Welcome to TN! Our property is in southern middle TN. Enjoy your new Branson. I have.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #125  
People that say you don't need a cab the temps
probably don't hit the 100+ degrees in the summer
are not bothered by dust, bugs etc. You spend a few
hours in the sun here in Texas you will be very happy
with a cab with a/c also the dust is like powder, every
time you take a step you get puffs of dust.
The BIG THING IS YOU WILL NOT GET A AFTER
MARKET CAB THAT WILL FIT LIKE A FACTORY INSTALLED CAB AND MOST OF THEM DON'T HAVE
A/C AND ARE DUSTY and some make noise! Just listen to the ones that have aftermarket cabs! Aftermarket cabs are just plain BS. I get my information from others as I was thinking an aftermarket cab would be a lot cheaper but after reading about how great they are I ordered
factory installed.
Now for all you guys that don't have a cab more
power to ya enjoy the fresh air etc.

willy

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #126  
I am very close to buying my first tractor. One of the last decisions I need to make is if I should get the cab version or not. I currently live in FL and the endless summer is brutal and the AC seems inviting. Problem is I am moving to middle TN and not sure if the cab is needed as much there. I know it gets colder and I know there are seasons and it is something I have not experienced in 30 years.

I am a little worried about the cab height and how it might limit the places the tractor can go. I also know most of the time will be spent with the rotary cutter in the open areas. I don't think I will be crashing through the woods with the tractor but I don't want to limit to much where I can go. I guess I am in kinda a chicken / egg situation. I need a tractor but I am not sure exactly what I will be doing yet except mowing the open spaces. I would love to hear opinions.
Cab gives shade on a hot day, but a canopy does too.
Cab glass gets dirt and condensation, open station does not.
Cab you are out of the weather, but no cab you get on and off easier.
A cab will keep mosquitoes out.
There is a lot of advantage for not having a cab if you don't need it. But the mosquitoes might be the biggest problem. Or thistledown :)

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy
Welcome to TN! Our property is in southern middle TN. Enjoy your new Branson. I have.
Thanks! I am looking forward to my TN adventure. After 30+ years in FL I am ready for a change :)
Congrats on your purchase. Here on TBN, the rule is no pictures, it never happened. :)
I will get pictures once it is delivered until then I will post a random one from the web that is similar :) (not my picture, credit goes to original photographer)
5520CH_1.jpg
5520CH_1.jpg

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #128  

I had a project in Mobile, AL around 2000. We had a Kubota tractor there and after the project was over I said to myself, "I think that goes to my house (I live in Topeka, KS). The tractor had a cab and there has never been a day when I have used it and said, "Boy, having a cab on this machine is a pain. I use it to move snow during the winter and the cab keeps me warm, and I use it to do all sorts of stuff during the summer and the a/c is a joy. If you can afford it, get the cab.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #129  
My new tractor has a cab. LX3310. absolutely love it and I had the same concerns as you. Get the cab

Attachments

• thumbnail_IMG_0500.jpg
    thumbnail_IMG_0500.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 59
   / Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #130  

My question how often do you get on and off the tractor. After buying my first cab tractor 100 hp it was such a pain getting in and out of L got a 35 massey for jobs like fixing fence cleaning up where you get on and off alot.