Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #131  
I am very close to buying my first tractor. One of the last decisions I need to make is if I should get the cab version or not. I currently live in FL and the endless summer is brutal and the AC seems inviting. Problem is I am moving to middle TN and not sure if the cab is needed as much there. I know it gets colder and I know there are seasons and it is something I have not experienced in 30 years.

I am a little worried about the cab height and how it might limit the places the tractor can go. I also know most of the time will be spent with the rotary cutter in the open areas. I don't think I will be crashing through the woods with the tractor but I don't want to limit to much where I can go. I guess I am in kinda a chicken / egg situation. I need a tractor but I am not sure exactly what I will be doing yet except mowing the open spaces. I would love to hear opinions.
I live in NY and didn't hesitate to get a cab. In my case the only option was a soft cab, which meant replacing the flimsy polycarb windows after 2 seasons with Lexan.

I would recommend checking that you can remove and mount the doors easily and get flat glass if at all possible.

You will probably have better ventilation that I get, but keep in mind that you might encounter fogging (or frost) inside and out while operating if you wind up plowing etc (you find more uses once you own).

I trimmed trees to fit under them - happened to be typical standing height with my unit so that was an improvement in my yard all around.

Mounted aftermarket lights inside my cab where they are protected. Since you can mow in the rain, you might need some lights up top if they don't come with.

You will not miss sitting in a wet seat if you park outdoors in the weather.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #132  
Why do people say getting out of a cab is hard work. Its not much different from open station. Ive had both. As long as there’s doors on both side I’ve never once said, boy I sure wish this door wasn’t here.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #133  
I am very close to buying my first tractor. One of the last decisions I need to make is if I should get the cab version or not. I currently live in FL and the endless summer is brutal and the AC seems inviting. Problem is I am moving to middle TN and not sure if the cab is needed as much there. I know it gets colder and I know there are seasons and it is something I have not experienced in 30 years.

I am a little worried about the cab height and how it might limit the places the tractor can go. I also know most of the time will be spent with the rotary cutter in the open areas. I don't think I will be crashing through the woods with the tractor but I don't want to limit to much where I can go. I guess I am in kinda a chicken / egg situation. I need a tractor but I am not sure exactly what I will be doing yet except mowing the open spaces. I would love to hear opinions.
I think you are going to find a mixed bag between those with a cab and without one. Nothing beats mowing in dusty conditions while sitting in an AC cab listening to some tunes. Much of the negative about operating in the woods can be mitigated by trimming up the limbs or just watching for low hanging large limbs that might damage the cab. I have mown pastures with close spaced trees that were actually overlapping with branches and my cab just parted them like Moses and the Red Sea without any damage (they did fold back the mirrors on the cab). Speaking of mirrows, you dont get those on open station tractors either and they are almost a necessity for safe operation especially on highway transit.
The cost is significant but money well spent in my opinion. There is some issue with them on visibility especially with the glare when facing the sun. I would put up with that rather than face the elements, the bugs and the air pollution. Sometimes I wish my Kubota had a cab also.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #134  
People that say you don't need a cab the temps
probably don't hit the 100+ degrees in the summer
are not bothered by dust, bugs etc. You spend a few
hours in the sun here in Texas you will be very happy
with a cab with a/c also the dust is like powder, every
time you take a step you get puffs of dust.
The BIG THING IS YOU WILL NOT GET A AFTER
MARKET CAB THAT WILL FIT LIKE A FACTORY INSTALLED CAB AND MOST OF THEM DON'T HAVE
A/C AND ARE DUSTY and some make noise! Just listen to the ones that have aftermarket cabs! Aftermarket cabs are just plain BS. I get my information from others as I was thinking an aftermarket cab would be a lot cheaper but after reading about how great they are I ordered
factory installed.
Now for all you guys that don't have a cab more
power to ya enjoy the fresh air etc.

willy
Amen willy.
I live in Norman Oklahoma and have 80 acres with trees and open pastures which bale. I know just what your talkin about. After 19 yeas on a Kubota M6800 open station I came down with skin cancer. I am an old blister 75 and decided to buy a 2001 YANMAR YT359C with all the bells/whistles on it. I wish I had done this sooner. The AC works great as does the radio and heater. The cab is outstanding. The ab mode takes a little getting use to.
John

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #135  
Enough winter clothes makes me envision the Michelin Man blowing snow on an open station tractor.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #136  
I keep hearing you have limited visibility in a cab which
tells me you must not have been in the new cabs
factory installed. If you don't get a cab when you
order your new tractor you will be kicking your self
in the ass because you didn't and the aftermarket cabs
from what I have seen and read about is a wast of money as you can make one for less money but then
NO A/C AND WHAT ABOUT HEAT?? Also if you
drive a car or truck you have limited visibility but with
the new cabs visibility is not a problem. The new
tractors with cabs have changed over the news for
the better so you can't say the same thing about
the new tractors when your looking at an old tractor
with a factory installed cab. This is a 2018 model
but check out the cab visibility is great:

willy

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #137  
Why do people say getting out of a cab is hard work. Its not much different from open station. Ive had both. As long as there’s doors on both side I’ve never once said, boy I sure wish this door wasn’t here.
I agree 100%. Never a thought given to it.

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #138  
I have had several BX and a B then I got the B with cab and kept it about a year and went back to an open B . The reason was the B with its narrow width was top heave and “ tippy” with a cab. Re thinking as we have had a wet spring and the bugs especially mosquitos are heavy and the air hot and muggy. I’m looking at the new LX as it has a wider track than the old B cab and is heavier at soon to be 79 I’m enjoy some comfort

/ Should I cab or not. Getting ready to buy #140  
Welcome to TN! Our property is in southern middle TN. Enjoy your new Branson. I have.
Upper Cumberland here and lovin' it!