Raising The Throne?

/ Raising The Throne? #1  

Diggin It

Super Star Member
Tractor
LS MT125 TLBM
I've discovered a problem that will involve removal of the porcelain throne. Unrelated to that, in recent years, it seems to have gotten about a foot closer to the floor as far as sitting and standing. The knees ain't what they used to be.

So, since it all has to come out anyways, I got to wondering about one of the higher ones. On searching and reading the specs, it seems they only add about 2", from a little over 14" to just under 17" floor to bowl edge. That doesn't seem like a lot.

Has anybody done this? Did it make a difference? Enough of a difference to justify the price?

/ Raising The Throne? #3  
we have the higher ones and thats the way to go.
my son has the lower ones and you feel like you are squatting on a little kids one.

do it...you will be happy

/ Raising The Throne?
But is two inches or so worth it? I thought about building a platform of four inches or so, but that would mean more fiddling with the plumbing too.

/ Raising The Throne? #5  
"Handicap" toilets (and chairs for that matter) are 18"...once you add a seat that is what a new toilet will measure...do they even still make toilets that are not 17" ?

/ Raising The Throne? #6  
Yeah, they still make standard height toilets (the low ones)... Comfort height toilet is the way to go.... (pun intended). the extra few inches makes a huge difference; ask anyone that is used to a comfort height toilet & then uses a standard height one somewhere.... You feel like you are falling for miles just to sit....

/ Raising The Throne? #7  
I replace lots of toilets every year, Get the comfort height elongated bowl you will be a happy camper, Yes 2 inches makes a big difference. Set a piece of 2x4 on your old toilet and sit on it and see the difference

/ Raising The Throne? #10  
Comfort height is anywhere from 17"-19" expect to pay a sizable premium for the latter...

Go in any hospital or orthopedic office and measure things...except for specialty applications...almost everything meant to sit on will be 18"...