Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #701  
The rough stud/construction grade spf framing lumber is more expensive than #2+ yellow pine ground contact treated lumber in the same sizes. 10' 2x4 stud grade SPF is $14.69. Same size #2 YP treated is $14.39 here.
Prices keep climbing. These same 10' 2x4 stud grades are now $17.39. Same size in #2 Douglas are $19.09.
The 8' 2x4's in lower construction grade are $12.39 and several of the Menards around here have over 12,000 in stock. Apparently they are stock piling them, expecting prices to climb more.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #702  

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #703  
I have to install jamb extensions on several large Andersen 400 series twin double hung windows on the daylight side of my finished basement/home gym/guest suite/wine cellar/kitchen & bathroom and whatever else it’s called......
Went to check lumber prices on 1x10 primed wood......
WHAT THE _______?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #704  
I'm expecting to see new labels on lumber proclaiming "organically grown" to justify the insane prices.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #705  
Last year we more than doubled the size of our existing 2 car garage. I bought enough shingles to do both the new addition and re-roof the old garage, as it's 40 year old roof and starting to lose shingles on the sun-facing side.

I neglected to purchase enough roofing paper to go under them once I tear off the old roof.

I am dreading going to see the prices of roofing paper this week....

😱

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #706  
Last year we more than doubled the size of our existing 2 car garage. I bought enough shingles to do both the new addition and re-roof the old garage, as it's 40 year old roof and starting to lose shingles on the sun-facing side.

I neglected to purchase enough roofing paper to go under them once I tear off the old roof.

I am dreading going to see the prices of roofing paper this week....

😱
Don't sweat it!
Just stop by the bank on your way there!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #708  
Just got a quote of $6,000+ to have a 16x18' deck built onto our house. Two years ago this same deck would have been maybe $3,500.

The problem with this extremely abnormal increase in inflation is that people are going to get stuck with houses, new vehicles, etc. that they're paying insane prices for right now because the bottom is going to fall out when the recession hits and then you won't be able to give a house away.

Scary times....

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #709  
Just got a quote of $6,000+ to have a 16x18' deck built onto our house. Two years ago this same deck would have been maybe $3,500.

The problem with this extremely abnormal increase in inflation is that people are going to get stuck with houses, new vehicles, etc. that they're paying insane prices for right now because the bottom is going to fall out when the recession hits and then you won't be able to give a house away.

Scary times....

What I find amazing is that people are buying this stuff at these prices.

Was at a big box store yesterday (Sunday) and there were many many many folks in line with carts full of 2x’s and plywood. I felt dumb just buying my tubes of grease!

There are 5 houses near me currently having basements dug for new construction. These will be big homes.

With all the demand, prices are still going up. No prices are going down with the demand I see - at least around my neck of the woods.

MoKelly

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #710  
Right now the real estate market is nuts...with so many people buying new homes often the first thing they want to do is customize, remodel etc...
Many are holding off because of the current high cost of materials...so even as the inflated costs come down...consumer demand will increase that will tend to keep prices up even longer...