Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices?

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #711  
If you're getting a job bid, contractors are busy now and that makes their prices go up. So it's probably not just materials prices in that price increase.

Here's a good article on why lumber prices are so high:

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #712  
The problem with this extremely abnormal increase in inflation is that people are going to get stuck with houses, new vehicles, etc. that they're paying insane prices for right now because the bottom is going to fall out when the recession hits and then you won't be able to give a house away.

Scary times....
Why is it scary?? I'm not scared at all, people are stupid to get caught up in it, so let THEM pay the price later!!

SR

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #713  
My brother went to buy some 2x4s 8 feet long. Recently $9, now almost $13 and they are No. 2s.
Where is that?

Just read that new shipping containers are up to $10K in the US, from $3500 not too long ago. Some businesses depend on containers for shipping.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #714  
Last year we more than doubled the size of our existing 2 car garage. I bought enough shingles to do both the new addition and re-roof the old garage, as it's 40 year old roof and starting to lose shingles on the sun-facing side.

I neglected to purchase enough roofing paper to go under them once I tear off the old roof.

I am dreading going to see the prices of roofing paper this week....

😱
$17 per roll

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #715  
I haven't read through this whole thread so forgive me if this was already posted.

Here is one persons explanation of who is getting rich off the increase in prices.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #716  
I recently saw an ad in the local town crier marketplace that stated the following:

2-Sheets 3/4" B-C plywood...will trade for 25-30 hp low hours K_ubota or J. Deer_e tractor w/ loader...
No low-ball offers...I know what I've got...!

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #717  
Richmond, IN

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #718  
I’m trying to finish up a remodel that we been working on for a few years. A couple of days ago, I saw 2x4x8’s selling for $9 and 1x3 12 foot lengths of cedar deck boards for $15. Hopefully I’ll be able to finish this fairly soon and put it up for sale.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #719  
I do not understand why people keep buying up all of the toilet paper lumber.

/ Y'all Been Checkin' Lumber Prices? #720  
The price of lumber forced me to hold on the addition I was going to build this year. I had previously priced out the lumber, LVL, plywood, truss and floor joists at around $11k and now it's in the $20k range. Not worth it right now. I might just pour the foundation and wait until next year or just finish the basement/ central air instead and keep the change. $10k is just about the sheetrock, insulation, plumbing and electrical budget!