Tracking App for your Phone

/ Tracking App for your Phone #1  

EddieWalker

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Several, all used and abused.
My wife and I have been thinking that we need a way to be able to find each other if there is an emergency. Might also need this for my parents as they get older too. The main reason for this is that she drives a long way to drop off and pick up our show dogs. If something happened along the way, it could be very difficult for me to know where she is at. Yesterday, she was on her way to Houston and she hit a very strong thunder storm. She called and said that it was so bad that she was turning around and coming home. The dog can stay in Houston another couple of days. When she got home, she said that there where several cars off of the road and in the ditches from the flooding from the heavy rain. It really got me to thinking that I wouldn't know where to look if she had a problem.

The other concern is that after I'm done working for the day, I often go to peoples houses to look at projects that they want to do, and sometimes those homes are out in the boonies. For piece of mind more then anything else, it would be good to know that somebody could find me, or I could find her.

Does anybody know of an App for their phone that they would recommend?

As a bonus, what about something that my parents could wear to keep track of them? Last month my dad decided to climb a fallen tree out in the woods and he fell off of it. He is 85 and doesn't realize it sometimes. He tore up his shoulder pretty bad, but was able to walk out on his own and then deny that it had happened, but complained about the pain in his shoulder. After arguing between the difference between slipping and falling, we finally got the truth out of him on what happened. He also has early stage of Alzheimer's and his doctor said that walking every day is one of the most effective ways to fight it. He walks every day and it's always been trouble free, but who knows when he will do something wacky again and not be able to walk away from it?

Thanks,
Eddie

/ Tracking App for your Phone #2  
Medicare would likely provide a wireless pendant to be worn around the neck on a chain. My dad had one and it works anywhere which is an improvement on the ones I provided in the past.

What flavor phones do you and your wife have? Android / iPhone?

/ Tracking App for your Phone #4  
2 of my brothers use that so my mom can follow their movement. What’s funny is when they are in Atlanta and they don’t have time to visit haha I love to needle them.

/ Tracking App for your Phone #5  
My brother said he used Life360 to keep track of a teenager. That works across all platforms.

The Apple one is free and works well.

He’s a pilot and flies Internationally. He uploads pics from all over the world and we get notifications the moment he does.

It is so much nicer than putting all that on social media and the old folks love it.

/ Tracking App for your Phone #6  
I use the standard Apple phone locater and the Android one. The android one is quicker.
If you have a iPhone then consider the new Air Tag. It can be located anywhere in the world and when you get close to it you can pinpoint it with Bluetooth.

/ Tracking App for your Phone
What flavor phones do you and your wife have? Android / iPhone?
She has Apple with AT&T, I have a Samsung with Verizon. One works in some places, where the other doesn't.

/ Tracking App for your Phone #8  
My wife, one of our children and I all have various iPhones. We recently shared our locations with each other. and now it works like a champ. We travel a lot and the kid travels a lot. Works very well.

/ Tracking App for your Phone #9  
I wonder - I'm very often in locations where there is ZERO cell phone service. Do any of these tracking software programs still function is locations such as this??? If not - is there something that does??

/ Tracking App for your Phone
I'm trying to do this with Google Maps. I sent her a request, but her I phone doesn't use Google maps, so she will have to add that and hopefully we will be able to figure it out.