Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,611  
An here we have the winner of the how not to haul an excavator award.
Is that a paper mache movie set bridge or something? Looks like 4" of concrete around air? Up here in the salt belt no one is worried until the chunks falling off the bridge are 6" thick!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,612  
It's a concrete box beam, with lots of rebar. Common bridge construction method, stronger and lighter than a solid deck. Less resistant to excavator penetration though, it would appear.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,613  
Not my caption, but it appears to be an actual photo.
Is it a commentary on the aluminum body parts, or could it be an older steel tailgate?

190638480_504540474216582_6295761766279013940_n.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,615  
That is a LOT of weight.. Even if it looked ok after loading, one bump and your done.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,616  
Not my caption, but it appears to be an actual photo.
Is it a commentary on the aluminum body parts, or could it be an older steel tailgate?

View attachment 700491
So let's build a story on this photo. Tailgate breaks apart. Driver doesn't realize. Pulls away from the stp sign racing the hot rod next to him. Loses his load in the intersection. Because of the cost of OSB today, everyone sees this as a chance to stop and get some free OSB. Just saying. LOL. Jon

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,618  
One table I found shows that one sheet of 7/16 OSB is about 45 pounds.

How many sheets do you count on that tailgate which is holding up about half the load?

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #14,619  
IMG_8331.JPG