Landscapes

/ Landscapes
Pete, mankind hasn't been very considerate of it's damage to Mother Earth as it migrated around, taking all of it's favorite species with it.......

Our Forefathers thought we needed the English Sparrow and Starling here in America. Both a total pest and burden to local species of birds. :(
Starlings are the bane of my life, each year I wouldn't know how many tractors are burnt out by 'operators'-in the loosest terms- not checking for nest material.
Sparrows I like. They are on the up again after being badly affected by salmonella, we presume. Passing it to each other after feeding at birdtables in gardens is a likely a reason as I've heard.
Pumpkins flowering at last, been a slow year for them so far.

/ Landscapes
1488271071818.jpgSummer has reached the south of the South. Took a snap out the window, coming home this afternoon down the Owaka Valley. Have had some warm days.. busy days.

/ Landscapes #105  
Some more
IMG_20210529_152017.jpg

/ Landscapes #106  
And one more
IMG_20210529_152028.jpg

/ Landscapes #110  
What lake is this? Love the mountains in the background!!!

The Lake actually doesn’t have a name. Sorry.

It is located in Glacier National Park. There are 700 plus lakes in the Park and only 130 or so actually have names. Only the bigger lakes have been named.

We came across the Lake by accident when walking a trail. The Lake was at the end of the trail. It is fed by a waterfall which is always flowing in the summer.

I would say Glacier was one of the best vacations we ever took. We went in August and the weather was great. We spent 10 days - all going to the Park and hiking different trails. We could have spent 10 more days and never experienced the same trail.

Everywhere you go and look the views are awesome. Some of the trails are kind of scary —- 4 feet wide with no rails and a drop off of 100’s of feet.

MoKelly