Doesn't get much more rural than this....

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #31  
This is pretty rural. About 2 months ago i adopted a stray hound i found freezing under my camper. She's a doll and currently running the show but she was born to hunt!

Turns out she's a Plott hound, according to my electrician. I looked them up, she meets all the criteria. Plots were bred to hunt hogs and bears, she's 40 lbs!

I walk every morning and usually find something interesting. If nothing interesting then the spider webs get my attention.

My new pup takes off immediately and I usually do not see her for the entire walk although I can hear her bellowing. She hunts full time!

After the first 2 weeks she brought me a dead rabbit. Yesterday she came running up with something in her mouth. I thought it was an old soccer ball or maybe one of those mylar balloons that seem to end up in the woods. Nope.

I'm not a hunter but I guess this is the bowel from a deer? She was so so proud! I got both dogs back home, jumped in the rtv with a shovel to dispose of it only to find her chomping on it!

Much as you love
1F40E5EC-4795-46FE-B10E-8ACDCE9DE818.jpeg
them, dogs will eat some pretty gross stuf!

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #33  
What the......
Yuck! I damn near barfed my waffles!:sick:🤮

Last edited:
   / Doesn't get much more rural than this....
Looks like Scottish food.

Haggis.

581775B3-964B-4972-88A3-F7D10C01A855.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #35  
Last edited by a moderator:
   / Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #36  
This is pretty rural. About 2 months ago i adopted a stray hound i found freezing under my camper. She's a doll and currently running the show but she was born to hunt!

Turns out she's a Plott hound, according to my electrician. I looked them up, she meets all the criteria. Plots were bred to hunt hogs and bears, she's 40 lbs!

I walk every morning and usually find something interesting. If nothing interesting then the spider webs get my attention.

My new pup takes off immediately and I usually do not see her for the entire walk although I can hear her bellowing. She hunts full time!

After the first 2 weeks she brought me a dead rabbit. Yesterday she came running up with something in her mouth. I thought it was an old soccer ball or maybe one of those mylar balloons that seem to end up in the woods. Nope.

I'm not a hunter but I guess this is the bowel from a deer? She was so so proud! I got both dogs back home, jumped in the rtv with a shovel to dispose of it only to find her chomping on it!

Much as you loveView attachment 701013 them, dogs will eat some pretty gross stuf!
UPDATE!

Found subject deer bowel in the same place. Completely unmolested. I looked for it yesterday but must have missed it.

I have alway heard that predictors won't eat the bowel for obvious reasons so I was a little disappointed in my new girl pup.

It wasn't the bowel she was eating so I figure it must of been raw deer chittlins .

Now i gotta call granny and get the recipe for gopher gravy.

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #37  
Kind of reminds me of when I was a kid. We raised hogs and a guy about a mile down the road had some sows that needed to be bred occasionally. He would rent one of our boars. My 3 brothers and I would all get a stout stick and drive the 500-600 lb. boar down the road to the neighbors. I don't believe any of us were teen-agers yet.
That's a pretty big boar...but you did say "sows" as opposed to gilts. My Grand Dad claimed that he had a Poland China boar that weighed in excess of 1000 pounds; I can't imagine he was much good at that weight. I recall seeing a Duroc at the stockyards that I estimated would weigh 750; you could smell him as far as you could see him!
Sorry; my old FFA memories coming back. I did raise and show a Grand Champion Berkshire barrow at the Major County fair in the olden days.

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #38  
UPDATE!

Found subject deer bowel in the same place. Completely unmolested. I looked for it yesterday but must have missed it.

I have alway heard that predictors won't eat the bowel for obvious reasons so I was a little disappointed in my new girl pup.

It wasn't the bowel she was eating so I figure it must of been raw deer chittlins .

That's further up the line with all the greens still in it, and a lot of predictors will eat it for obvious reasons, that being the vitamins and minerals content.

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #39  
UPDATE!

Some predators. Maybe it's a cat kill and she filled up on liver, or human kill and they left the offal when they gutted the deer. Coyote or bear would relish the stomach and intestine contents.

/ Doesn't get much more rural than this.... #40  
You mean the red on the right immediately next to the yellow line. the light blue is the cops uniform shirt and the dark blue his stabproof vest.

There are 2 ginger cops
must be a cop in sheep's clothing
DF873876-9227-49B6-87EB-7CB2EFF2341A.jpeg