Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid?

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #31  
Yeah but the V-10 spit plugs like all the Ford Tritons and blew exhaust gaskets. When the V-10 came out in ‘99, diesel fuel was cheaper than regular unleaded. And a 7.3L, on average will run 50-100% more miles before rebuild.
I’m no 7.3 fan, either. Even if it came with no “payment book”. Lol

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #32  
Yeah but the V-10 spit plugs like all the Ford Tritons and blew exhaust gaskets. When the V-10 came out in ‘99, diesel fuel was cheaper than regular unleaded. And a 7.3L, on average will run 50-100% more miles before rebuild.
I’m no 7.3 fan, either. Even if it came with no “payment book”. Lol

Well I’ve never had a payment book anyway. Why else would we be discussing motors that have been out of production a long time? And I’m a Chevy guy anyway but to keep the comparison fair I’d rather have a v10 over a 7.3. Now if I could have a 8.1 or Duramax over those options I definitely would.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #33  
If a forged rod 7.3 is such a wimp, I wonder why the 7.3 OBS Fords, especially the crew cab 4x4's are in such great demand. Been offered 25 grand cash for mine. Not for sale. I only paid 32 for it in 1997.

The engine is basically stock except for a Banks kit but the tranny was redone by Ford SVO in Dearborn. It gets it, no issue.

When I have it out, it always draws a crowd of admirers too. Has an ARB in the 60 dana high portal front axle and a Tru-Track out back. Rides like a lumberwagon empty but then has leaves front and rear, big stacks too. Loaded with the truck camper, rides like a Caddy.

it's 6 over stock on 33 x 12.5 on polished Alcoa rims. You need a ladder to get in it... Just the truck for a 71 year old old man. :p

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #34  
If a forged rod 7.3 is such a wimp, I wonder why the 7.3 OBS Fords, especially the crew cab 4x4's are in such great demand. Been offered 25 grand cash for mine. Not for sale. I only paid 32 for it in 1997.

The engine is basically stock except for a Banks kit but the tranny was redone by Ford SVO in Dearborn. It gets it, no issue.

When I have it out, it always draws a crowd of admirers too. Has an ARB in the 60 dana high portal front axle and a Tru-Track out back. Rides like a lumberwagon empty but then has leaves front and rear, big stacks too. Loaded with the truck camper, rides like a Caddy.

it's 6 over stock on 33 x 12.5 on polished Alcoa rims. You need a ladder to get in it... Just the truck for a 71 year old old man. :p

Because what else would a ford guy drive? A 6.0 that was plagued with problems, a 6.4 that randomly blows up, a 6.7 that could possibly be good but $$. A 7.3 was pretty good by those standards.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #35  
Well I’ve never had a payment book anyway. Why else would we be discussing motors that have been out of production a long time? And I’m a Chevy guy anyway but to keep the comparison fair I’d rather have a v10 over a 7.3. Now if I could have a 8.1 or Duramax over those options I definitely would.
Do you mean the 8.1 Vortec gasser? They pull pretty well but are VERY thirsty engines!

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #36  
Because what else would a ford guy drive? A 6.0 that was plagued with problems, a 6.4 that randomly blows up, a 6.7 that could possibly be good but $$. A 7.3 was pretty good by those standards.
I owned a Ford with a cummins, best truck I ever had! Owned a Ford with a 7.3, worst truck I ever had, and I'm not a Ford guy.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #37  
I owned a Ford with a cummins, best truck I ever had! Owned a Ford with a 7.3, worst truck I ever had, and I'm not a Ford guy.

I just bought a Ford with a Cummins. I gave up on ever finding a ton truck I liked so I bought a F-750. I’ve got 2 Fords now and I don’t like ford lol.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #38  
Do you mean the 8.1 Vortec gasser? They pull pretty well but are VERY thirsty engines!

Yea that’s what I meant. With the last administration gas I could deal with it. Now not so much. That’s the biggest reason I decided to buy the Cummins. That and it’s 100 percent tax deductible.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #39  
I just bought a Ford with a Cummins. I gave up on ever finding a ton truck I liked so I bought a F-750. I’ve got 2 Fords now and I don’t like ford lol.
The 650/750 trucks are fantastic with the Cummins, mine was an '05 650 with a rollback body, buddy had an almost identical truck but extended cab, with the CAT c7, horrible engine!

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #40  
The 650/750 trucks are fantastic with the Cummins, mine was an '05 650 with a rollback body, buddy had an almost identical truck but extended cab, with the CAT c7, horrible engine!

I don’t like that cats in the Chevy medium duties. That’s why I bought the Ford. I’ve got a 6500 now with a 366 that’s been a good truck and pulls surprisingly strong but it gets 4 mpg.