Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid?

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #11  
Go to tractordata.com use search type Kubota check the years made,might give you idea do some home work what not be wise purchase.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #12  
The Navistar VT365 (aka: Ford 6.0L diesel) was actually a fine engine. There are still plenty of them still around in School Buses, Ambulances, Wreckers, etc.

But Ford wanted more power in order to compete with generic motors (Isuzu, actually) and Dodge's Cummins. Both of which had more than their fair share of problems during that time. Believe it.

So Navistar boosted the VT365 beyond its abilities and bad things happened. If you can get a 6.0L Ford on the Cheap and bulletproof it, you've got a good engine. The 6.4L, OTOH, you wanna run from them.

I can see emissions requirements on Highway diesel engines. I would even encourage it to a degree. (Some better engineering would be of great benefit)

But it's the wrong people doing it. The EPA is a collection of eco-terrorists and old hippies thrown in with modern day anarchists that hate everything about us. fact

Which is why we have to put up with it on Tractors. Tractors aren't hurting anything. They're way out in the boonies. Any carbon (soot, etc) they might emit settles to the ground long before it reaches population centers.

And in case some adherrents to the EPA cult (which is what it is anymore. No science, cult) missed it, ALL life on Earth is based on carbon.

shock
Yeah true, I was referring more to the DT466/530/570. Good vocational diesels
Then 2013 hit....See ya....
Never in my life seen a great engine turned to crap faster.
Now IH is running Cummins in their vocationals. Fine with me as I’m kind of a Cummins guy.

As far as the 6.4L goes, I was a victim of 3 (yes, I said THREE) of them. I actually learned how to work on them along with a mechanic friend. We never “deleted” anything, but I learned how to fix the junk rocker arms in them. Replaced 2 DPFs myself. IH really had a nice concept in the 6.4L, but the decision to cheapen and weaken certain spots made it too complicated and unreliable.
I said goodbye to my last 6.4L company truck in March 2021 and I am a lot more at peace without it darkening my garage door.

Last edited:
   / Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #13  
The Navistar VT365 (aka: Ford 6.0L diesel) was actually a fine engine. There are still plenty of them still around in School Buses, Ambulances, Wreckers, etc.

But Ford wanted more power in order to compete with generic motors (Isuzu, actually) and Dodge's Cummins. Both of which had more than their fair share of problems during that time. Believe it.

So Navistar boosted the VT365 beyond its abilities and bad things happened. If you can get a 6.0L Ford on the Cheap and bulletproof it, you've got a good engine. The 6.4L, OTOH, you wanna run from them.

I can see emissions requirements on Highway diesel engines. I would even encourage it to a degree. (Some better engineering would be of great benefit)

But it's the wrong people doing it. The EPA is a collection of eco-terrorists and old hippies thrown in with modern day anarchists that hate everything about us. fact

Which is why we have to put up with it on Tractors. Tractors aren't hurting anything. They're way out in the boonies. Any carbon (soot, etc) they might emit settles to the ground long before it reaches population centers.

And in case some adherrents to the EPA cult (which is what it is anymore. No science, cult) missed it, ALL life on Earth is based on carbon.

shock
I have the ford 6.0L diesel in my excursion. EGR was the only thing to ever give me problems so I deleted it around 180k miles. I'm sitting at 250k miles now and still solid and reliable.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #14  
Why Kubota Corp recently enacted a lifetime warranty on that motor.
Bingo, but only the reformer and other emissions components that might have failed due to reformer failure.

I had planned to bite the bullet and sell mine but might keep it now.

It's the only tractor with a transferrable lifetime "emissions" warranty.

SDT

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #15  

shock
Well said, Taken.

SDT

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #17  
I might add the Ford Navistar 7.3 IDI turbocharged engine with FORGED rods is also a very reliable motor with minimal emissions junk. In my case NONE.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #18  
Fact of life. Every company makes a dud now and again. I am looking at some used equipment from different brands and many have Kubota diesels.
Knowing they have a stellar reputation, is there a certain model or series that had more problems than most and should be avoided?

I can't help thinking about what you wrote. It's catchy, but do you really think that a dud is a "Fact of life"?
To me that sounds more like an opinion instead than a fact. And from your question it seems what you hope to get in return are facts.

But there's a pretty good chance that by starting your question with an opinion, the "answers" you will get are also be nothing more than opinions.

Facts are a completely different thing.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #19  
Stay away from the B3350 as mentioned.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #20  
Stay away from the B3350 as mentioned.
Perhaps no reason to do so anymore.

It's the only model with a lifetime, transferrable emissions warranty.

SDT