Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid?

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #21  
Perhaps no reason to do so anymore.

It's the only model with a lifetime, transferrable emissions warranty.

SDT

I'm impressed that Kubota stepped up for its customers.

I wonder if it's because it was cheaper than facing a Class Action Lawsuit or if it was because of Conscience.

I will choose to believe the latter until proven otherwise.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #22  
I'm impressed that Kubota stepped up for its customers.

I wonder if it's because it was cheaper than facing a Class Action Lawsuit or if it was because of Conscience.

I will choose to believe the latter until proven otherwise.
No chance of a class action lawsuit in this case.

Not enough money to be made by tort attorneys.

SDT

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #23  
I might add the Ford Navistar 7.3 IDI turbocharged engine with FORGED rods is also a very reliable motor with minimal emissions junk. In my case NONE.
I had 5 different 7.3’s. At the time, I thought they were ok, but they are way underpowered in today’s standards. They are so long in the tooth and outdated in features now.
Also, at 250HP and 520TQ, they are being emasculated by ordinary small block gas engines now. Too much displacement and low power to keep up.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid?
I had 5 different 7.3’s. At the time, I thought they were ok, but they are way underpowered in today’s standards. They are so long in the tooth and outdated in features now.
Also, at 250HP and 520TQ, they are being emasculated by ordinary small block gas engines now. Too much displacement and low power to keep up.
I have this argument with people all the time. I had the 7.3 for many years 250k+ miles and it was a good engine but . . .
given the choice I would take my 6.7PS every time. Even my 3.5EB tows better than the 7.3 did.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #26  
Not worth the hassle of having it fail multiple times and spend time in the shop.
Perhaps no reason to do so anymore.

It's the only model with a lifetime, transferrable emissions warranty.

SDT

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #27  
Actually, the motor is typical Kubota bulletproof. It's the emissions hardware (reformer) that is failure prone and Kubota knows it.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #28  
My brother had one was back to the dealer 3 or 4 times the last time it would not start. Dealer gave him the option of a new engine as the one in it was shot or a new 2650 with no emissions on it a seven year warranty either way the 3350 had less than 100 hours on it. The dealer recommended him to take the 2650 which he did he said it started way better than the 3350 ever did. He asked the dealer what they would do with his old tractor they said they would put a new engine in it and sell it at auction they wanted nothing to do with any more 3350 tractors.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #29  
Don't know if you aware of it but if a dealer replaces any engine with a new (Kubota reman engine), the dealer has to render the old engine inoperative. My dealer uses the old engines for target practice. A 44 caliber FMJ does a nice job on them.

/ Is there a Kubota diesel to avoid? #30  

I’ll take a v10 gas of the same era over a 7.3 anytime. For one you can buy a v10 for 1/3 the price of the 7.3 truck. For 2 the 7.3 is noisy, cab rattling, stinky, low powered, hard starting, and expensive maintenance. Sure the v10 gets 10mpg but that’s still cheaper in the long run. A 7.3 is the most overrated engine in history IMO.