Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms!

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #21  
Water Bugs ...

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #22  
<snip>You might know that very few young people want to play the game after they turn about 13 years of age. Many high schools can't find numbers to field a team. The adults got involved and took the fun out of the game.
Where and when I grew up very few high schools had football teams- it was mostly soccer.
Now my college was different. They have not lost a game since 1974. UVM Football-Undefeated since 1974

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #24  
   / Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #25  
Ahh, the beauty of youth soccer... the clock keeps ticking as they drag the casualties off the field and the game is over in an hour. (y)

Youth softball - 10 run per inning walk-fest takes 3 hours.

Youth basketball foul-fest; how can 4 six-minute quarters add up to an hour and a half?

Youth volley ball isn't too bad. Pretty exciting, actually. There's always 1 giant kid that can jump serve and spike. Terrifies the other team.

Worst of all - multi-school youth track meets. There's 64 kids on the team. Your kid runs one event in 4 hours - the 1600, which is usually the last event, and it's your turn to bring enough bananas and water bottles for the entire team this week, too. :ROFLMAO:
Gotta have them snacks! I don't know how we ever survived playing pick up baseball 6 hours a day...every day, with out an energy bar.

IMHO, swim meets are the worst. I've never been to a track meet but they sound about the same!

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #26  
Any sports with meet in their name are a bad time
Gotta have them snacks! I don't know how we ever survived playing pick up baseball 6 hours a day...every day, with out an energy bar.

IMHO, swim meets are the worst. I've never been to a track meet but they sound about the same!

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #27  
From what I've heard, swim meets ARE the worst. Fortunately, that and tennis seem to be the only sports our kids skipped.

Softball
Basketball
Volleyball
Track and Cross Country
Cheerleading
Golf
Soccer

We called them the 250 sports.

Every time a new sport started, it cost us about $250. Fees, equipment, gas, snacks, etc... $250.

5 sports per season = $1250

4th-8th grades = $6250

2 kids = $12,500.

High school was not as bad because they picked one sport and that was it.

One chose track/cross country, the other chose golf. The runner would wear out shoes every month or two, so that got to be $150 a month in shoes. She was putting in 70ish miles a week. The golfer outgrew her clubs twice. Fortunately, we got loaners from the coach as she grew.

Anyhow, youth and young adult sports can get a bit costly.

Heaven help you if your kid gets into private travel leagues. :eek:

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms!
From what I've heard, swim meets ARE the worst. Fortunately, that and tennis seem to be the only sports our kids skipped.

Softball
Basketball
Volleyball
Track and Cross Country
Cheerleading
Golf
Soccer

We called them the 250 sports.

Every time a new sport started, it cost us about $250. Fees, equipment, gas, snacks, etc... $250.

5 sports per season = $1250

4th-8th grades = $6250

2 kids = $12,500.

High school was not as bad because they picked one sport and that was it.

One chose track/cross country, the other chose golf. The runner would wear out shoes every month or two, so that got to be $150 a month in shoes. She was putting in 70ish miles a week. The golfer outgrew her clubs twice. Fortunately, we got loaners from the coach as she grew.

Anyhow, youth and young adult sports can get a bit costly.

Heaven help you if your kid gets into private travel leagues. :eek:

And if you are the grandparent you end up buying chairs to sit in, umbrellas for sun protection, and a cooler to have something to drink while sitting in the sun with 90+ degree weather. Then you have another grand who lives 30 miles from the other who plays in a different league and you must leave one game and speed to the other.

The youngest grand is the only boy (of four) and all he is interested in is tractors and lawn mowers. Oh yeah, and at four and a half he is already interested in girls, especially his eleven year old cousin's friends who are 10, 11, or 12.

I have been told by parents that the most injury prone sport or activity is cheerleading. It seems that knees and ankles are the main body part injured.

The grand on the travel team has been taught to respond to trash talking by pretending to yawn and saying, "you bore me"!

RSKY

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #29  
Some schools just cheer, and dance. Some do full blast gymnastics. The gymnastics on hard floors or areas around bleachers are particularly hard on the kids' bodies. Not to mention, if your kid is the smallest, they are called "The Flyer". That's the one they toss up in the air. Once in a while they drop them. It can be devastating. Should have more regulation. Youth football has size rules so big kids get limited contact with small kids. Ball sports require cups, face shields, shin guards, batting helmets, sliding short, shoulder pads, etc. Cheerleading has no protective gear and very little rules as to anything.

/ Why I quit hating soccer.....besides the soccer moms! #30  
In watching my kids play, boys are more physical, girls are meaner and play dirty. Friends daughter put brace on good knee as many girls kick the brace in soccer. Girl said she would break daughters arm if she didn't move. Daughters reply was not if I break yours first.