Building Lake Corona

/ Building Lake Corona
#1,031  
Starting to think the rains are never coming here. Everything continues to split north and south of us. Originally calling for up to 2" tonight and 100% chains of storms. Now it's down to 60% and looks like it is going to track just south of us again.

On another note I started cutting in an emergency overflow this afternoon. East corner of the dam is the lowest point and will take water from there across and down the natural hillside on this corner. That will keep any overflow from cutting across the dam if it ever happens.

2021-05-08_07-55-18

2021-05-08_07-55-37

/ Building Lake Corona #1,032  
Probably repeating myself but beautiful work. I keep thinking your situation is just like buying a whole house generator. Once you do, you stop loosing power. You build a lake and it stops raining. :ROFLMAO:

/ Building Lake Corona
#1,033  
Probably repeating myself but beautiful work. I keep thinking your situation is just like buying a whole house generator. Once you do, you stop loosing power. You build a lake and it stops raining. :ROFLMAO:
Agreed. I could probably start digging a swimming pool this week and get the pond filled. Lol.

/ Building Lake Corona
#1,034  
Ended up with about 1/2". Gained a little over a foot I think. I did see a pair of ducks fly off the pond this morning. First time I've seen ducks around.

/ Building Lake Corona #1,035  
I don’t live close to you, but not far away either in Western Illinois. I don’t think we have more than a normal amount rain but it would have been enough to fill your pond more than once.

/ Building Lake Corona #1,036  
How's your rain situation? I was thinking of you last evening while assessing my flooded drive. We've had 5" or rain in the past week, and yesterday's gully washer was 1 1/2" in less than 30 minutes. I drove 5 minutes from here after our rain and that area had no rain. It's been all or nothing lately.

/ Building Lake Corona
#1,037  
How's your rain situation? I was thinking of you last evening while assessing my flooded drive. We've had 5" or rain in the past week, and yesterday's gully washer was 1 1/2" in less than 30 minutes. I drove 5 minutes from here after our rain and that area had no rain. It's been all or nothing lately.
Still seem to be missing all of the heavy rain. We've had plenty of light rain events but no runoff at all. So far for the year the two largest rain events in a 24 hr period here have been 3/4". Not a single storm has git an inch of rain. A few days ago we got 1/4" and a friend of mine 20 miles to the north got 4". Only positive is the pond is holding well with what little water we have in it. Here's a pic from a couple of days ago after that 1/4" rain.

2021-06-14_06-38-17

/ Building Lake Corona #1,038  
Fingers crossed to fill up your great endeavor!

/ Building Lake Corona #1,040  
I'm surprised there isn't more wild vegetation on your groomed banks. I assume you haven't planted anything deliberately.