Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
Sprayed Roundup on some weeds. But they never turned brown and died. That's when I noticed the measuring cup of Roundup on the workbench. I never added it to the water in the sprayer.

Ha. So instead of killing the weeds you were watering the weeds!

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #104  
Two guys are sitting in a bar. One guy orders another beer, but has run out of money. The bartender says he will give him a beer if he takes a sip out of the spitoon. The guy walks over to the spitoon and DRINKS THE WHOLE THING! The other guy said "He said just take a sip, why did you drink the hole thing?" The poor victim says "I had to - it was all one gob." :eek:
That guy must have been a true alcoholic.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #105  
How about stupid things ex wives have done. My ex who grew up in a city once drove 300 miles at night with a loaner car using only daytime running lights. Couldn't figure out why they were so dim. She got so mad at me when she got to my cabin after I nicely turned them on for her. Another time same ex wife decided to grill me something for my birthday, thought it was wise to dump a quart of lighter fluid and use an entire bag of charcoal. Hey it was a nice thing to do but the siding on my house melted and you couldn't get within ten feet of my poor Webber which was now glowing red and the ceramic paint was bubbling, somehow she managed to get the steaks on the grill I believe she was wearing my welding ppe then decided it was wise to leave them there for a few minutes, after all was said and done I would have been better off trying to eat a hockey puck. My neighbor thought I was smelting precious metals.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #106  
Driving over a branch or stick on my Kioti CK25 and ripping the filter and breaking the housing.........😡😡😡

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #109  
How about stupid things ex wives have done. My ex who grew up in a city once drove 300 miles at night with a loaner car using only daytime running lights. Couldn't figure out why they were so dim. She got so mad at me when she got to my cabin after I nicely turned them on for her. Another time same ex wife decided to grill me something for my birthday, thought it was wise to dump a quart of lighter fluid and use an entire bag of charcoal. Hey it was a nice thing to do but the siding on my house melted and you couldn't get within ten feet of my poor Webber which was now glowing red and the ceramic paint was bubbling, somehow she managed to get the steaks on the grill I believe she was wearing my welding ppe then decided it was wise to leave them there for a few minutes, after all was said and done I would have been better off trying to eat a hockey puck. My neighbor thought I was smelting precious metals.
I would like to see her - she has to be gorgeous!

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #110  
So - this is an interesting question.

At the farm we are pretty isolated and I need to go places you cannot see or hear from the house. Mowing, bush hogging, cutting up limbs, all the usual stuff. Often, I’m at the farm by myself.

My wife and kids INSIST I take the phone. What if I get hurt? Just a bunch of what if’s? It could be critical to be able to call for help.

Also, my wife says, what if she or one of the kids gets hurt? Don’t I want to know ASAP v. 5-8 hours later when I get back to the house or barn? How would I feel if after 5 hours of working around at the farm I get back and my son has a message she was in a car accident?

I’d prefer NOT to have the phone simply because I’ve “lost” it several times. It’s a pain to go looking for the thing.

But, I see their points. So, I take the phone. It can be made so it only rings for their calls. Other calls don’t make a peep. Only issue is not to lose it!

MoKelly
Not taking your phone with you especially when working alone is being stupid. It is why you hear stories of people amputating body parts to get unstuck. At least give yourself the best chance you have by having the phone or radio with you.

My brother had a horse slip on ice and go down on him. He had his radio with him but wouldn't you know he landed on the hip that the radio was on and smashed it. He laid there about an hour before his son came looking for him suffering from hypothermia as well as other injuries.

Also think about where you are carrying it and its accessibility. A back pocket or your derriere is often a landing point - not a good place for a device - for it or for you.