Stupid Things I Have Done

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #121  
I suggest that you not shoot a skunk in your yard while your whole house fan is running. And if you do not believe me, well. . . you can ask my wife.
Who was it that said "stupid is what stupid does"?😂😂😂😂😂😂👍🏻✌🏻

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #122  
stupid thing (tonight) - expecting / relying on people to follow set rules of process for selling items on Marketplace.

I responded to an ad within 4 minutes of posting. confirmed that I would take the item (lawn tractor) and asked for details so that I could e-transfer a payment. Then work out a pick-up time... probably Sat (I'm an hour away)
seller confirmed that it was available and agreed, as I waited for e-mail details ... lists it as Pending (given the above, I thought that it was my deal)

45 min later, seller advises me that it is Pending (not paid for or sold mind you) as someone is coming by tomorrow to look at it ... and she says that she'll let me know if it is still available (???)

what is her selling process - that's what I want to know ? uggh

(thanks for letting me vent :) - feels better, as item slips away)

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #123  
For me, it's who shows up with cash in hand first. Maybe she was worried about the "e-payment". Whatever that is. 😏

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
I suggest that you not shoot a skunk in your yard while your whole house fan is running. And if you do not believe me, well. . . you can ask my wife.

Ha. At least she is still your wife!

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #125  
I paid the stupid tax too. Being a new tractor owner, I did not notice one of the levers that locks the QA had opened up. I had the grapple mounted at the time. Then I noticed the grapple was hanging funny. One side had come loose. It would not reattach. I twisted the QA mounting plate. I think trying to use the grapple with only one side connected. Between work and life, I didn't have time to cut it apart and weld it back together. My mistake was about $850.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #126  
For me, it's who shows up with cash in hand first. Maybe she was worried about the "e-payment". Whatever that is. 😏
at 11 PM and an hour away, 4 min after posting, an e-transfer IS cash-in-hand... instant deposit via email.

so, I showed up in 4 minutes, committed payment (upon receiving seller's info) and waited for response. She noted it as pending 45 min later because somebody says that they were coming (today) to check it out... no money, no committment, but gets a "pending sale" ??? uggh

e-transfers are instant payments, it would have been cash in hand within 10 minutes, purchase unseen - that is why it is annoying

at that hour of the night, I wanted to secure the purchase, then sort out a pickup time.

(and it was a great deal ... tractor, blade, and snowblower for $200)

Last edited:
   / Stupid Things I Have Done #127  
at 11 PM and an hour away, 4 min after posting, an e-transfer IS cash-in-hand... instant deposit via email.

so, I showed up in 4 minutes, committed payment (upon receiving seller's info) and waited for response. She noted it as pending 45 min later because somebody says that they were coming (today) to check it out... no money, no committment, but gets a "pending sale" ??? uggh

e-transfers are instant payments, it would have been cash in hand within 10 minutes, purchase unseen - that is why it is annoying

at that hour of the night, I wanted to secure the purchase, then sort out a pickup time.

(and it was a great deal ... tractor, blade, and snowblower for $200)
Your story reminds me of the guy that wanted to buy my wood chipper. He was 200 miles away and wanted to pay electronically but I had never done anything like that and wasn't about to do a $1400 experiment to satisfy him.

We had several texts back and forth when I finally said "I ain't gonna do it" when he gave up.

Sold it the next morning to a local guy with cash in hand.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done
I sold a motorcycle to a guy in Memphis - about 300 miles away. He was the first to answer the ad and wanted the machine.

$1500.

Guy paid electronically. Bank showed deposit and good funds very fast.

A week passed and guy never called. I was going to meet him at a mall.

Oh well.

3 weeks passed and guy calls. He got hurt at work and can’t ride a motorcycle. Could I deliver?

Nope.

He ended up coming with a truck 5 weeks after the deal.

So, while the money part was fine, I had to store the bike for 5 weeks. Not a big deal but not convenient.

MoKelly

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #129  
all I wanted to do was secure the deal with full payment last night, and arrange the pick-up time today. she was fine with the e-transfer, but then she by-passed the seller etiquette and put it pending (without payment) to a guy who said that he'd show up today. I could have picked it up at 9 AM (had that been an issue - it wasn't) cash in hand, instead she completed the sale late this afternoon. I have since "reported" the seller.

/ Stupid Things I Have Done #130  
This was fairly stupid!
A couple years ago I was putting up a woven wire fence when I saw a section about 50 ft long laying in the pasture. I thought I would just roll it up, throw it in back of my truck.
Did you know woven wire fence is coiled up? It's like a big spring so when I started it wanted to coil up. Standing on one end it went towards me in a coil and the ends I cut one went right into my bean. Lots of blood and ever since my eyes cross some.
20190923_184350.jpg

Attachments

• Notes_210122_182924_1.jpg
    Notes_210122_182924_1.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 55