Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,411  
Back when Harbor Freight used to give out coupons for free tape measures with any purchase, I got in the habit of getting a free tape measure every time when I went to their store. I ended up with dozens (literally) of them. I have one by each cutting tool in my shop, the kitchen junk drawer, the barn, my office, each of our cars, my tractor, my UTV, have given at least one to each of my kids and several of my friends, and still have a box full of new ones. I am constantly losing them but always eventually re-find them. (There is one I know of under the house that I may retrieve some day) A standing family joke is if Dad has enough tape measures (I do). I am seldom looking for a tape measure and don't hesitate to toss one if it malfunctions. They are actually pretty good tapes though. The way it is going, I figure in another 20 or 30 years I may have to actually buy a tape measure.
I bit the bullet and bought the Fat Max from stanley from some online retailer?

I didn't work, straight outta the box.

I'm so sick and tired of returning online krap i just tossed it and bought 2 cheapies from HF.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,412  
... don't know how I lived without this SWIVEL HEAD RATCHET, it's a game changer...
image_13050.jpg

Dang, more stuff I didn't know I need! :)

Thanks RFB. I'll use the Father's Day coupon for this.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,413  
Don't know what happened to the photo. :oops: I'll try this.

1951 Chrysler K-310
Was this an actual production vehicle? Don't think I've ever seen a car like this before.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,414  
Back when Harbor Freight used to give out coupons for free tape measures with any purchase, I got in the habit of getting a free tape measure every time when I went to their store. I ended up with dozens (literally) of them. I have one by each cutting tool in my shop, the kitchen junk drawer, the barn, my office, each of our cars, my tractor, my UTV, have given at least one to each of my kids and several of my friends, and still have a box full of new ones. I am constantly losing them but always eventually re-find them. (There is one I know of under the house that I may retrieve some day) A standing family joke is if Dad has enough tape measures (I do). I am seldom looking for a tape measure and don't hesitate to toss one if it malfunctions. They are actually pretty good tapes though. The way it is going, I figure in another 20 or 30 years I may have to actually buy a tape measure.
I tended to go more for the flashlights, with the 5 in 1 screwdrivers in 2nd place, but I do have a few of the freebie 25' tapes too.
What I miss about old school tapes is they used to be a size where you'd add an even # of inches for inside measurements...I have a couple old Stanleys...a 12' where you add 2" and a 25' where you'd add 3. Nowadays if they even give that info it's an odd amount like 3 3/8". The HF ones don't even mention it.

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,417  
Was this an actual production vehicle? Don't think I've ever seen a car like this before.
Yes, but very limited production. There's still a few around and running. It was built on the '51 Chrysler Imperial chassis with Chrysler's first Hemi engine. The '51 Imperial I have has the same Hemi. It was going to be the donor but I got swamped with customer cars and never got around to building the K-310 body for it. :( I still have all the tools to do it--E-Wheel, shears, stamping press, roller, welders, etc. I just don't have the strength in my hands and wrists anymore. Building cars for other people took it's toll. But the name stuck--Tinhack. :giggle:

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,418  
Used the 20% off coupon to pick up the Chief 4in extended cutoff and right angle die grinder.
Haven't had a chance to try them out yet, but just handling them they seem well built like the other Chief air tools I have, really like the quick adjust gaurd on the cutoff.
64278_I.jpeg
57300_W3.jpeg

/ Harbor Freight Tools that don't suck #14,420  
I got the Coolant Vacuum Fill Kit yesterday to fill the 7.3L in my F350, it's kinda hard to fill and I've used vacuum fill kits at work with great success so I figured for $60 (inside track price this month, same if you used the fathers day 20% coupon) I'd give it a try... used it tonight and it worked just like I'd hoped, but the rubber bushing deals work WAY BETTER than I'd hoped... the 7.3L uses a pressurized expansion tank not a normal cap and the kit had a bushing that fit perfect, built up good vacuum with little air flow, sucked in the ~6 gallons of coolant I'd drained out to reseal the oil cooler...

For under 1/2 price of Snap On even at regular price I'd call it decent, we'll see if it will work on a marine heat exchanger tomorrow at work, if it does that then it'll work on anything...