Everything Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments #2,161  
While I understand your concerns I still think something is doable. If you continuously have 1,000 open orders it might warrant hiring someone full time just to update people. Five days in a week they could update 200 people a day and everyone would get updated once a week. Or maybe hire someone part time and update biweekly.

As to the computer I wasn’t thinking it should be predicting delivery times it could just be used to parse the data. For example an update could look something like this with the numerical data auto populated by the computer.

“Hello Bob this is EA with your weekly update on your wicked grapple. We were waiting on Hardox from our supplier but it arrived last week and our CNC machines cut out 864 tines. We anticipate welding them up and shipping out 24 grapples this week. There are currently 287 orders for grapples in front of you. Thank you for your patience and we are doing the best we can in these times and will update you again next week”

I know this type of thing doesn’t directly bring in revenue like spending money on advertising, salesman, or welders but to me it is a necessary evil of running a larger company. I am sure a percentage of your customers don’t care but there is also a percentage who will be upset and won’t be repeat customers. I am trending towards the latter category.

It really doesn’t matter how awesome your product is if I pay in full up front and and am given a delivery estimate and it goes way past that and I am not told what is going on it doesn’t leave a good taste in my mouth. Almost feels like tough sheet we have your money you will get it when you get it. On the other hand if I am frequently updated, even if delivery goes beyond estimated, it is much more palatable.

Bottom line is it is your company run it how you want. You may have a big enough fan base that you don’t care if you alienate some customers. The general consensus is your products are the best and EA goes above and beyond in testing and designing things to make them the best. It would take the company to the next level if that same push for excellence was there on keeping customers informed on their orders.
I know there are a million ways of making things easy/better from the outside, looking in, and I appreciate the advice.

Yeah, 1000+ orders is for grapples only....we make maaaany more products, and demand has been unbelievable for quite a while.

Earlier, a guy told us his dealer said it'd be sometime next year for a land pride grapple, so there are positives in our situation, I guess.

We'll do the best for you, sir. You know where we are if you have any questions/concerns. If you want to give me a call, I can make sure we plan to ship the toothbar separately, because I can't easily link your order by your tbn name. 828-464-1200
Travis

/ Everything Attachments #2,162  
I have not been back because the border has been, and still is, closed.
I have many friends in the Shelburne area, and am hoping that I can get there yet this Summer......if the border opens.
Of course the Cat is still shut down, but St. John-Digby is running on an abbreviated schedule.
At 80, I prefer to not drive around.
Yeah from what I recall the Digby fairy is pretty slow and doesn't save a lot of time, but at least it is time you aren't driving.

I lived near Bridgewater for 8 years, then back out west for 12 years. I am moving back to Bridgewater area for August.

I ended up picking up a cheap +light (had combo to find) grapple here at a local store (cost about half of what an EA one is. If it sucks I'll place an EA order this winter, and take you up on your offer next summer. Sounds you would be a good guy to sit and have a beer with when I pick it up. :)

/ Everything Attachments #2,163  
Just got off the phone with Travis. Super nice guy and thanks for explaining things in detail. Long story short is there are so many moving pieces and components involved that it is very hard to predict anything. He reiterated that they don’t mind at all if people call or email for updates.

/ Everything Attachments #2,164  
Yeah from what I recall the Digby fairy is pretty slow and doesn't save a lot of time, but at least it is time you aren't driving.

I lived near Bridgewater for 8 years, then back out west for 12 years. I am moving back to Bridgewater area for August.

I ended up picking up a cheap +light (had combo to find) grapple here at a local store (cost about half of what an EA one is. If it sucks I'll place an EA order this winter, and take you up on your offer next summer. Sounds you would be a good guy to sit and have a beer with when I pick it up. :)
I certainly hope to get back to NS by sometime next Summer at the latest.
The trailer and tractor will not return again though, as I have sadly sold my wonderful 34 acre Jordan Bay waterfront property.

Last edited:
   / Everything Attachments #2,165  
Just got off the phone with Travis. Super nice guy and thanks for explaining things in detail. Long story short is there are so many moving pieces and components involved that it is very hard to predict anything. He reiterated that they don’t mind at all if people call or email for updates.
Yep! That's why they have the customer/fan base they do!
FYI, They have been posting a "Friday night walk through" video on youtube/Facebook the last few weeks so people could actually see and hear what is going on and often they would show what order numbers were being built for different equipment.

/ Everything Attachments #2,166  
Yep! That's why they have the customer/fan base they do!
FYI, They have been posting a "Friday night walk through" video on youtube/Facebook the last few weeks so people could actually see and hear what is going on and often they would show what order numbers were being built for different equipment.
Thanks for the good words, man. Yeah, we're not enjoying the wait any more than our great customers.
Here's my last factory walk, with an intro focusing on the Wickeder 55..

Hope you guys have an Awesome Independence Day Weekend!!!!! #Merica
Travis

/ Everything Attachments #2,170  
I watched the “wickeder” video and have 2 questions. Isn’t the open face of the new hardox stiffener going to get plugged with dirt / small rocks when back dragging?

When the right sized rock or stick gets jammed tight in there, won’t it prevent the upper lid tines from digging as deeply as they ordinarily could?

* I fully understand you can’t get the DOM tube for any price. Just thinking as I watched……

Status
Not open for further replies.