Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,221  
I think that most musicians are Luddites at heart, ...
And here I thought I was the only one who ever used that word to describe musicians. :ROFLMAO: A truer statement has never been made.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,222  
Good Morning!!!! 79F @ 8:00AM. Plentiful sunshine. Hot. High around 100F. Winds S at 5 to 10 mph.
The high temperature range in the 10-day is 99F-109F. Lows range between 65F and 75F. Summer is outdoing itself here.

I sympathize with Ellen, Randy. I get car sick on roads like the Dragon unless I'm drivin'!:sick:

All this talk about mills got me looking yesterday for a photo of the one here. Turns out the only ones I had were from the day I bought it and moved it to the old home. Need new photos, if only for insurance purposes for when this place burns down.

Instead of spreading sand in the trench yesterday, I got the place for the "hydrant" prepared. Hydrant in quotes because it's just 2" pipe fittings with a National Hose adapter to accomodate the suction hose from the fire truck. I was gonna just stick it in the ground and leave it free standing, but hit rock where I wanted it. So I made a short branch off the trench and will mount it to the wall of the pump house instead. That meant more digging, but I was able to use the backhoe to get through the rocks. Still had to shovel the trench out by hand, though, and that was most of a bucket full. And the bucket on the M62 is a big bucket!

By then it was lunch time and time to come in from the heat. Started shopping for wire for the electric float sensor in the upper tank, and since I don't have the sensor yet, tried to figure out how many wires it needed by looking at the pump controller. That documentation seemed to indicate that the float sensor is switching both legs of the 240VAC leads going to the pump, which meant I'd have to run five wires up to the float sensor. That's a big deal when they're 10 gauge and the distance is almost 600 feet. And it's also against code to run electrical wires at the same depth in the same trench as water pipes, and there's no way I'm deepening the trench. So I have more homework to do before I can buy the wire.

Got a delivery from the plumbing supply with more parts and the 2" poly pipe, which wouldn't fit under the camper shell on my truck. I helped the driver unload them, and they're pretty heavy. Not as bad as a back wheel off the tractor, but getting there. Might have to use the forks on the tractor as a spindle and unwind them like that. One of those reels could do some real damage if it got away at the top of the hill...

I'll get a start on the sand today, but not sure how far I'll get. It's already pretty warm out there...

/ Good morning!!!! #135,223  
70F and partly cloudy @ 11:45, headed up to a high of 78F for the day.

Refilled hopper and two sunflower tube feeders yesterday.

Ended up having some on and off rain yesterday shortly after I posted, with one pretty good downpour.

Eventually managed to get out later and mow down around the house after it dried up.

Got that mostly done (with a little on the east still remaining) until another shower ran me in. Will finish that up today.

Didn't attempt to backfill neighbor's electrical trench, didn't want to drive on lawn while wet. Will take a stab at finishing that up today.

Relative may stop by for some screened compost.

Not sure what else I'll get into.

Hope everyone has an enjoyable, productive, and safe day ... (y)

/ Good morning!!!! #135,224  
And here I thought I was the only one who ever used that word to describe musicians. :ROFLMAO: A truer statement has never been made.

I had to look it up.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,225  
Good morning,
RNG I'm not aware of any restrictions of running water and electrical in the same ditch at the same level unless it is utility owned electrical. Bury each to the code minimum for the water and electrical and use a warning tape when buried. Hot and smoky in Shasta today.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,226  
69°F and .15 inches rain.

I have the new bolts and belts to repair the flail. Have to decide whether I tackle that directly or risk piddling with a bunch of smaller tasks. Hmmmm ,decisions, decisions.

Prayers for all
Be safe
Have a great day

/ Good morning!!!! #135,227  
Good morning,
RNG I'm not aware of any restrictions of running water and electrical in the same ditch at the same level unless it is utility owned electrical. Bury each to the code minimum for the water and electrical and use a warning tape when buried.
The handout from the building department lists 12" minimum burial depth for plastic water pipes and 18" for non-metallic electrical conduit. It makes an exception for 120VAC lines that are GFCI protected, so that may be an option. More likely, though, I'll use a 24VAC transformer and trigger a 240VAC relay with it. That will let me use a lighter gauge, less expensive, wire for the long run, and avoid the building department concern all together.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,228  
Don, the 10” didn’t seem balanced, especially with battery on side. The 8” a much nicer design.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,229  
Sunny in TN, WU says 68° going to 84.
Was interesting visiting East TN yesterday, including the oldest town in TN where the tractors were. They were having a parade last night.
But learned that Davey Crocket was born in the valley next to a creek, and not on a mountain top. Walt Disney lied to us. This is a replica of the type of cabin he was born in.
View attachment 704583
They know from his writings this was the location.
All the rivers in the area were high from the rain the night before.
View attachment 704584
Skipped staying a night in gatlinburg when I saw the hotel rates, and went straight to our sons place. Will spend a few days exploring middle TN. If we had stayed in gatlinburg, was going to drive the tail of the dragon today. Will do another time, good lord willing.

Went down thru another town planning something, people parked everywhere along the roads. Nice overlook along a lake.
View attachment 704585
Nice pictures! Looks like a great trip you had!

I have old family ties to TN.

We had friends from Texas who moved to Franklin, TN. We visited them several times and really liked the area there south of Nashville.

We found Knoxville to be very nice as well as Chattanooga. I really liked the river area in Chattanooga when we were there. But that has been a few years ago.

Glad you enjoyed the trip!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,230  
I get about 22 months on a flag according to my Amazon history, and am due by December. The price is now $30, up from $23 for the last 2.

We go thru 2-3 a year. We fly the 4x6. Seems once the edge goes they fray fairly fast. I tend to change out on/near a holiday. Just changed on Flag Day.

A story. Years ago, at one of our July 4th gatherings, an older lady was in attendance. Someone’s visiting mother if I recall correctly. Anyway, we are standing out by the pool and she is exclaiming what a beautiful day etc for a 4th of July celebration, would be perfect if an American flag was present. Someone directed her to turn her head
IMG_0580.JPG