Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,241  
MSRP $44,290
2021 Ford Ranger Lariat
the gouge is on

Sky is clearing before the next and likely last band of showers come through.
Just a little bit of blue in the sky saying a colorful good night as the sun goes down.
We have the Rangers here with several models, top ones being the XLS, XLT, Wildtrak and Raptor X. All diesels. 3.2 litre. Keen on a Wildtrak myself. Funny the Raptor X is shown with a 2.0 litre engine.
Cheaper models have 2.0 litre bi turbo and 2.2 litre bi turbo. No petrol models.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,242  
after the rain today.

Attachments

• 4A841AE1-56A5-498E-A2C0-BDC9ECD598ED.jpeg
    4A841AE1-56A5-498E-A2C0-BDC9ECD598ED.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 60
   / Good morning!!!! #135,243  
Good evening all. 74F for the start, overcast light breeze, .9 inch in rain gauge. Moderate rain, temps fell to 69F, got windy briefly after rain, high temp was 83F. Opening ceremonies happened, trumpeter played choir sang, light crowd. Fish club boat ride canceled due to weather and lake level. Lost water due to pipe failure this morning had it back late morning. Did get nap in this afternoon :)
Covid update: Cooke 3246 confirmed cases, 7 active cases, Montague 1792 confirmed cases, 7 active cases, Grayson, 11374 confirmed cases, 13 active cases.
Dennis nice pics of some very nice tractors
Doug I just do it all at once. Thanks for the compliment
Roy enjoy your cooler temps
Ron glad table and chairs coming along, careful with the trees. Nice pic
Drew enjoy your cooler weather
Thomas hope rain was slow for you like it was here.
Billy good you got some family time
Roy good to hear your chainsaw is delivered and safe.
Eric glad the wedding finally got done
Randy good to hear have a nice day to work in the lawn
Don good to hear the critters are healthy and recovered from vet. :)
Paul you are getting plenty of rain. Glad you could fix the monitor issues and rehearse :) Dinner sounds good
Dennis glad you are having good trip, nice pics. Any idea name of lake?
Randy sorry about Ellen during the Tail run :)
PJ people not passing the word about office hours changing would never fly where I worked!
John sounds like nice welcome home dinner :)
RNG you seem to have plenty of warm air! good to hear progress although the hand work in the trench is a bit much.
RS glad watering slowing down, glad mowing under control
David hope your day went well. nice story
Drew yummy pics
Ken sound like rain playing havoc with holiday schedule. nice pics
Randy hate days like you had. Glad eye issue straight forward to deal with
Dennis good BBQ in Tenn. sorry about the choking neat pics
Drew no fun car shopping right now
Doug sorry about the back
Engineer great rainbow!
prayer for all, especially Jay/Peg, Kyle's daughter, Bird/aging issues/daughter's foot, Billy/skin cancer surgery, David(moss)/remodel/divorce, Buppies cancer surgery/ diarrhea, Phil/reflux/wife's eyes,Steppenwolfe/son-auto immune disorder, Dennis/older brother/son, Grev/wife's eye, Randy/vision issues, Bill/DIL home care, Ted/knee recovery, Doug and wife/health issues/nerve and pain/ wife's eyes, Ken/uncle, Drew/tendon healing, David(sadamo)/Sophie's eye surgery,RNG/fire season, and Country.
stay safe and healthy you all.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,244  
Mostly, center hill lake near cookeville Tn

/ Good morning!!!! #135,245  
Drew, just checked the inventory at the Ford dealership where I bought my Ranger. None.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,246  
<snip>

Left work early yesterday. Started to go out to get lunch at noon, and noted that my car and the design engineer's car were the only vehicles left in the front parking lot. Everyone else from the office had already gone. So, we shut everything down and left as well. This is a common occurrence, as the ladies upstairs rarely tell us when the office is closing early before a holiday. So it goes.
<snip>
Doesn't that just make you angry?

For 37 years I worked at an Army Corps of Engineers Lab in Alexandria, VA. It reported to Waterways Experiment Station in Vicksburg, MS.
Almost every holiday that occurred with the day on the weekend Vicksburg (Central time) would grant an hour early off leave on Friday at about 3pm Central time via email. A LOT of us in Alexandria (Eastern) time would have normal work days with hours from 06:30am -1/2 hour lunch-3:00pm, and wouldn't know we probably could have got off a 2pm and beat a lot of the rush traffic out of town.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,247  
Just finished the angel food cake with my pineapple plus topping. Pretty darn good tasting, like pineapple upside down cake with slight texture difference. Wife liked it

Got to work on flail. Getting the sheave off was a bugga. Even broke a bolt, luckily got it removed, even using Mapp torch to heat. Persistence paid off.
This is the old bolts
IMG_2530.JPG

Thread lock was minimal. Not sure it extended past the washers

New bolts installed with liberal red thread lock. Didn’t realize that that little bottle at Fastenal was over $14. The bolts were about $2 each.
IMG_2531.JPG

Will reassemble tomorrow.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,248  
Good morning! 74˚F heading to the mid 90s. Partly cloudy, chance of rain this weekend. Lake level is just 3' low now.

LS so sorry for the loss of Kassie.
Buppies, take care of that hand and stay hydrated.

Ron that is the barn my Grandpa built, that is where my Dad kept his trailer. I need to make a run to that barn next week and put up at least the lower sheets of tin to keep the calves out. Mom's coffeemaker made a pop noise and will not come on. I found a Keurig replacement at Target for $89 but decided to search the web when I got home. Turns out Keurig has the same model on sale this weekend for $69 and I gave them my e-mail address and they gave me another $10 off so I saved $30.

Since Whipper is better, today she gets a trip to the vet to get her yearly vaccinations along with Gray2. She was supposed to get her vaccinations 3 weeks ago but the vet said she needed to be healthy before the vaccinations are given.

Bird I'm mowing my grass with the EGO at the highest level (5) now that it is growing so fast. I mow it about every 5-6 days so I don't have to bag.
The voluntary cantaloupe plant did not survive the bug attack, but a second one has just came up. Beans and okra are growing an inch a day.
Neighbor down the street got his palm tree planted and is ready for the next deep freeze. He has a zeroscape yard (no grass) but the landscapers spent all week removing and transplanting freeze killed plants and palm trees. I don't think he is saving any money because of his choice of plants. Looks nice though.
Glad Whipper is better. The heat is de-motivating for me too....walk outside and you feel like someone hit you in the face with warm mayonnaise. Just sitting at the bench in my barn, I get dripping wet with sweat in just a few minutes.... No breeze is the culprit. It did rain hard today for about an hour, roughly an inch.

Not sure how much I've written about my dilemma trying to get someone to bale our hay. No one wanted to do it because of the number of trees we have.... So I got about 8 acres mowed yesterday. Very slow going, due to the grass being so thick, and the bahia has really kicked in this year. I had it almost eradicated about 3 years ago. THEN TODAY, I got a number of a guy who bales hay on the side. He came and looked and offered to do it. I made him such a sweet deal, he couldn't refuse it. It's too bad I've already cut half of it with a shredder. Anyway, I now don't have to cut the remainder. The other issue now is we are expected to have rain now for up to 10 days. When it rains it pours. Usually July is drought month, along with August and part of September....unless we get a hurricane.

I get about 22 months on a flag according to my Amazon history, and am due by December. The price is now $30, up from $23 for the last 2.
On a side note...I went to buy some Purina chicken scratch (cracked grains) and it used to be $7 ish, now it takes almost all of $10. for the same bag. I guess I'm supposed to be just glad that I can still get it.
Good morning! Sunny sunny sunny and high of 84F today.

Wife returns from Little Rock this afternoon. My only required task is to get more bird seed for the feeders. Don’t tell her but I kind of let the feeders run out while she was gone. But, fill them today and all is well.

I’m thinking a little BBQ is in order for dinner to celebrate. Eat outside on the porch. Maybe an adult beverage or two.

Tomorrow is my youngest birthday. He is a July 4 baby. But now 23 years older. Where does the time go?

Kitty does not appreciate the evening fireworks. He hides under the bed. Poor thing.

Have a great 4th all!

MoKelly
Hope your son has a great patriotic birthday.

Mostly, glad pipe is fixed. Glad you got your nap.

There's a church camp near here, that had a large group from a Galveston church (450) attend the last week of June. Now some of the church members have come down with Covid. Another chance for the media to make some headlines....trying to keep it in the news. I can't imagine that there's many people left that haven't either 1) had the vaccines or 2) had the disease and now have the antibodies. They are now saying having had the disease, and having the antibodies, is as good as the vaccinations. Duh. I haven't had to wear a mask for over a month or 2. Only people I see wearing them are still food service workers, and some grocery store clerks. I know of some anti-vaccers that haven't worn masks for months and months.

The way I figure it, the toilet paper and lumber companies have a $$$ interest in another round of covid....

Hope you all have a great day tomorrow, prayers for our team, and our Country.

/ Good morning!!!! #135,249  
BEF, I want to go swimming at those falls, looks gorgeous.

Sodamo, love your patriotism!

/ Good morning!!!! #135,250  
2021-07-04, 0406

53° right now and it looks like it's raining lightly, but too dark to really tell. High in the upper 60's and occasional rain showers.
We didn't leave the house last night...I didn't even hear any fireworks.

Might get a little outside work today. Too wet to mow, I'm sure...but there's some trimming I want to do

But, right now...it's back to bed for me!