Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #151  
It seems like the other day I heard about the trigger man getting a much harsher sentence than the rest of his gang. It must have been in a different state than SC.
I could see that. I believe the judge still has some discretion to make judgements regarding sentencing.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #152  
As a classic example of that, suppose two armed robbers attempt to hold up a liquor store. The store owner pulls his own gun and shoots one of the robbers. The other robber then drops his gun and gives up. The surviving robber is charged with the death of his partner.
Yep.

At the end of the day, the more men involved in a crime, the more punishment to pass around just for being involved.

Think I remember a case where it was 3 guys involved in a robbery, two committing the crime and one driving. The two killed the guy and it was the driver who actually ended up getting the death sentence due to all the deals made.

One could argue the court system isn't fair, but I'd argue don't get involved in a crime to begin with.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #153  
I don’t know if anybody read the link with additional news from the sheriffs office. My take was they were shooting at the guy on the tractor.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #154  
Never had a ricochet?

When I was young, I shot competitively. 50' range with .22s. We shot indoor and outdoor ranges. At every indoor range you could look up at the ceiling above the shooting stations and see rip marks in the ceiling where bullet fragments had returned from the backstop. And if you shoot long enough outdoors, you will see leaves and branches many feet away and off to the sides of the targets flicking around from bullet, dirt and rock fragments.

And most people I've met that hunted squirrels with .22s shot them out of trees. Where does the bullet go?

My wife has a family friend that was shot in the chest with a .22 while standing in his back yard back around 1970. He was maybe 12. He lived. It penetrated his skin and lodged in his breastbone. The shot came from a gravel pit. Almost exactly 5000' away.
I get what you are saying, my point was more to say that they aren't like stray dogs. A round follows physics. Shooters should still have a good backstop or adequate distance to allow for such events.

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #155  
I get what you are saying, my point was more to say that they aren't like stray dogs. A round follows physics. Shooters should still have a good backstop or adequate distance to allow for such events.
Do you mean like they teach in a basic NRA hunter safety course?

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #156  
   / Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #157  

Absolutely positively correct.

Shooting someone and saying “oh my bad, it was an accidental ricochet” really doesn’t cut it.

MoKelly

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #158  
True story. Early 80s, my wife and i and another couple were roller skating in Lake Geneva WI, a very affluent kind of resort town in the south of the state. It's been taken over years ago by rich people from Chicago, FIBs. Huge mansions. Blues brothers scene filmed there driving on the beach announcing the concert for the penguin.

All the sudden i feel a sharp pain in my shoulder, i thought i'd been bit by a big bug or something. I'd been shot with a pellet gun, i guess an air rifle? blood running down my arm but not a big deal really.

on the way out of town we drove by the spot i was shot. my buddy says, holy chit, there's 2 kids with a rifle hiding in the Bushes!

this part is great. i had a 68 catalina convertible, top down, white with a red interior, beautiful. i cranked that sucker up over the curb, drove straight down the front lawn of this huge mansion right at the kids. the wife's were screaming.

one kid got away but i got the other one and the rifle! we put him in the backseat and drove all over hell trying to find police station. finally we just took him home.

all the time my wife is whispering....kidnapping. i almost took the rifle and shot the kid but didn't

we get to his house and there are 4-5 cop cars there and they all pulled their guns. The kids fat mom is screaming, my wife is screaming, and cops are pissed off over the whole scene.

the mom wants me arrested for kidnapping and my wife wants the kid arrested for attempted murder. i just wanted to shoot the kid, eye for an eye.

end of the day, good good, everybody slides.

the local cops HATE the FIBS, especially the fat rich wives!

/ Man shot and killed by juveniles while bush hogging #160  
Do you mean like they teach in a basic NRA hunter safety course?
Is the NRA still around? Wow, turn on the tv and you’d think they were run off into the ocean. Lol