Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum!

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #61  
I might have a dump truck addiction. Currently I have 3 plus a dump trailer and I’m wanting another one.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #62  
I might have a dump truck addiction. Currently I have 3 plus a dump trailer and I’m wanting another one.
I'm not going to invite You to play in the dirt with me :LOL: !You have too many toys ,& that's not fair:(& there is always somebody with nicer big boy Tonkas.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #63  
Good-O Muhammad.

You do know that Aussies refer to a pickup truck as a "ute", right?

We even have Ute Musters where tricked-out utes gather for a show'n'shine.

Good-O Muhammad.

You do know that Aussies refer to a pickup truck as a "ute", right?

We even have Ute Musters where tricked-out utes gather for a show'n'shine.
Hey Wagtail ! In the states the real big rig drivers on the CB radio call them a Country Cadillac 10-4! good day mate.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #64  
After having owned a large dump truck, I think a dump trailer is an easier/cheaper investment to own. No drivetrain to maintain, batteries, fuel, etc., much lower insurance & registration. Leave on job site like a dumpster. No drips or leaks like an old dump truck. Easy to climb up and into.
Dump trucks are cool, but a capable diesel truck pulling a dump trailer is a real nice addition to the fleet.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #65  
After having owned a large dump truck, I think a dump trailer is an easier/cheaper investment to own. No drivetrain to maintain, batteries, fuel, etc., much lower insurance & registration. Leave on job site like a dumpster. No drips or leaks like an old dump truck. Easy to climb up and into.
Dump trucks are cool, but a capable diesel truck pulling a dump trailer is a real nice addition to the fleet.

I have a 16k dump trailer. I’d never be without my trucks though. Without the truck I wouldn’t have anything to drag trailers. I guess I could buy a daycab semi but I’d still have to pay tags, insurance and maintenance so I might as well have the trucks. The bad thing about the dump truck is it has nothing close to the payload the truck has, it gets you stuck worse and the electric dump is weak and unreliable.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #66  
I have a 16k dump trailer. I’d never be without my trucks though. Without the truck I wouldn’t have anything to drag trailers. I guess I could buy a daycab semi but I’d still have to pay tags, insurance and maintenance so I might as well have the trucks. The bad thing about the dump truck is it has nothing close to the payload the truck has, it gets you stuck worse and the electric dump is weak and unreliable.
I would have to agree & You having both would make You more knowing as far as operating or using both & both have there pros & cons as Hay Dude stated , IMHO I like being able to hall material in the dump truck & tow what ever piece of equipment I need with it one less trip;).

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #67  
I would have to agree & You having both would make You more knowing as far as operating or using both & both have there pros & cons as Hay Dude stated , IMHO I like being able to hall material in the dump truck & tow what ever piece of equipment I need with it one less trip;).

I bought my dump trailer to leave on sight for a dumpster. Aside from leaving somewhere and being lower to load by hand the trucks are better at literally everything else. And I paid $8,000 for the trailer. Prior to this year you could buy a pretty good used truck for that.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #68  
I bought my dump trailer to leave on sight for a dumpster. Aside from leaving somewhere and being lower to load by hand the trucks are better at literally everything else. And I paid $8,000 for the trailer. Prior to this year you could buy a pretty good used truck for that.
I think You can still find a good used one for that, Mine is a 1999 Chevrolet 3500 1ton dually with a 5.7 gasoline engine & only has less than 53,000 on the clock & I've never had any issues with it & it is easy to service , But I do like that idea of leaving a dump trailer as a dumpster.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #69  
I think You can still find a good used one for that, Mine is a 1999 Chevrolet 3500 1ton dually with a 5.7 gasoline engine & only has less than 53,000 on the clock & I've never had any issues with it & it is easy to service , But I do like that idea of leaving a dump trailer as a dumpster.

I just sold my Topkick for $7,000. It was a good truck, just a gas hog.
IMG_0035.JPG

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #70  

Last edited: