Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum!

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #81  
That's the way to go as far as a truck diesel Cummins or a Detroit IMHO at least in the medium or heavy duty segment (y).

I’m not a ford guy but that’s why I bought it. GM never offered a Cummins in a medium duty.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #82  
I’m not a ford guy but that’s why I bought it. GM never offered a Cummins in a medium duty.
I'm totally onboard not being a Ford guy, Never had one my stable & never will I'll leave that up to my brother the only thing we agree on is tractors (y). At the period your Topkick was being produced GM was offering Cat diesels never heard any real complaints other than not being that good on fuel consumption & I don't know that much about the Duramax diesel ( Isuzu ) & I never had a diesel till I bought my 2018 M-F 1526 which is a Iseki diesel but is under 25 HP & I bought my 1st tractor used 25 years ago because it was gasoline that would be my 1959 M-F 50 ,The only Ford Truck cab I drove & liked was a Louieville & but I do like the new Silverrado 4500 thru 6500 series medium duty & I also like all the Star series trucks from I/H which is what I mostly drove & I drove trucks for 44 years:cool:.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #83  
I'm totally onboard not being a Ford guy, Never had one my stable & never will I'll leave that up to my brother the only thing we agree on is tractors (y). At the period your Topkick was being produced GM was offering Cat diesels never heard any real complaints other than not being that good on fuel consumption & I don't know that much about the Duramax diesel ( Isuzu ) & I never had a diesel till I bought my 2018 M-F 1526 which is a Iseki diesel but is under 25 HP & I bought my 1st tractor used 25 years ago because it was gasoline that would be my 1959 M-F 50 ,The only Ford Truck cab I drove & liked was a Louieville & but I do like the new Silverrado 4500 thru 6500 series medium duty & I also like all the Star series trucks from I/H which is what I mostly drove & I drove trucks for 44 years:cool:.
The only thing about the new 4500-6500 is the towing ratings (GCWR) are not that impressive. Was all set to buy one, but Ram 4500/5500 & Ford 450/550 rated to tow a lot more.
They are great looking trucks with great drivetrains though

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #84  
Nah it’s a MaxxForce alright.
Heres a 2020 HV 6x6 with a 9L Cummins I’d love to have for a hay truck
View attachment 705757
I did like the Maxxforce engine with the twin turbos the only problem I had with the one I drove was the EGR valve & if you let it do the regen it was fine & I drove DuraStar TranStar & ProStar the ProStar was my favorite & the one You have pictured here looks like it would have enough torque to stop the rotation on the planet :cool:.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #85  
The only thing about the new 4500-6500 is the towing ratings (GCWR) are not that impressive. Was all set to buy one, but Ram 4500/5500 & Ford 450/550 rated to tow a lot more.
They are great looking trucks with great drivetrains though
That's what I've heard, Did You know the I/H medium duty is being built on the same platform as the 4500-6500 with a joint partnership.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #86  
That's what I've heard, Did You know the I/H medium duty is being built on the same platform as the 4500-6500 with a joint partnership.
Yes, the IH version has the GM drivetrain

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #87  

The Cat was the only option in the 90s trucks. I don’t like them but maybe they’re ok. The 2000s trucks are still predominantly Cat and I think those trucks have all kinds of electric problems. The new line is a total joke. The Ford series will tow and haul far more. BTW I’m also driving a Ford excursion. I hate half tons and I previously had a 2500 suburban but they’re pretty scarce to buy.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #88  
Hey Everybody,

With the growing popularity of this forum, we have decided to expand on pickup truck topics by launching an entire new site for pickup trucks. For years we have planned the launch of what I like to call "the other TBN" and as members of this forum, I wanted to give you the first chance to register and become members of the new site.

Without further ado...

I present to you...

A link to...

This forum will remain as it is, but if you're a truck enthusiast and want to be a part of a community that discusses trucks and related topics in more detail, I welcome you at the new site. 👍

Thank you!
Getting a 404 on that link.

/ Ford? Chevy? GMC? Toyota??? New Pickup Truck Forum! #90  
In the vocational trucks (entry level 6 wheel dump trucks) the only diesels I ever found to be good were the older DT466 (only in IH) higher powered 5.9’s and if you were REALLY lucky and 8.3L Cummins.
I would literally buy a truck with other setbacks IF it had an 8.3L Cummins.
I thought the 8.2L fuel pincher, T444E, the Ford 6.6 &7.8, and the CATs were pretty much throw away boat anchors.
The bigger Duramax looked pretty good