When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems?

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #81  
You don't make money with happy existing loyal customers, you make money with new sales.
JD or whoever, doesn't make any money if you buy an off brand part from a supplier, so they figured out how to force you to buy only dealer parts and service.
What factory-specific parts are there for JD tractors that aren't factory-only for other makes? Other than one-size-fits-many items like belts, filters, hydraulic cylinders, etc. most other stuff is OEM on other makes to. I'm not talking about repo parts for vintage tractors.
Am still laughing at how hard Windows users had transitioning to 64 bit.
??? I was aware of zero issues transitioning from 32 to 64 bit Windows, I sure never had any.
I do recall several fanboy friends grumbling about when Macs went to Intel (?) processors and none of their old software ran on the new OS.

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #82  
I think the classic liability story was related to a lawnmower and a major department store.
The owner decided to mow his hedge and picked up his mower by the edges of the frame.
Yep, you guessed right! He lost 4 fingers on both hands.
The brand was ruled liable as they neglected to place warnings on the mower sides against gripping while running.

Another classic was a small aircraft crash that a previous owner modified but the manufacturer was held liable for that 'unapproved modification'.

You can't fix stupid!

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #83  
??? I was aware of zero issues transitioning from 32 to 64 bit Windows, I sure never had any.
I do recall several fanboy friends grumbling about when Macs went to Intel (?) processors and none of their old software ran on the new OS.
All of my PowerPC software ran on Intel MacOS.
The original 68000 software ran on PowerPC but not Intel.

Unlike Microsoft, Apple never had separate 32-bit and 64-bit versions of the OS.

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #84  
I think the classic liability story was related to a lawnmower and a major department store.
The owner decided to mow his hedge and picked up his mower by the edges of the frame.
The brand was ruled liable as they neglected to place warnings on the mower sides against gripping while running.
Even the often biased Snopes says, “No one can verify that this case actually occurred.”

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #85  
Even the often biased Snopes says, “No one can verify that this case actually occurred.”

It’s hard to imagine an average person lacking that much common sense unless they had an actual mental disability.

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #86  
It’s hard to imagine an average person lacking that much common sense unless they had an actual mental disability.
They put instructions on bars of soap ...

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #88  
OT, but - on stupidity:

On stupidity.jpg

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #89  
All I can say is.... If it's *****, don't expect much and you won't be disappointed
But its pretty clear how fast the vaccination rate ramped up once he got in. Compared to the previous guy that said "One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear." :)

/ When did John Deere begin the Right to Repair problems? #90  

Another classic was a small aircraft crash that a previous owner modified but the manufacturer was held liable for that 'unapproved modification'.

You can't fix stupid!
A coworker's wife was mowing grass ~30-35 years ago and the chute became blocked with grass, she reached in to unblock it. That was a few years before they started putting the "idiot handles" on them.