Oil & Fuel hyd. filter change

/ hyd. filter change #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
It's time to change hyd. filters on my Kubota M5700 as I usually just dump it all out when I do this but Kubota hyd. fluid is so expensive now I will just change the filters after 300 hrs. as the manual suggests . A full hyd. change is at 600 hrs. My filters are fairly low so I was wondering how much fluid I am going to lose when doing it this way . I can't do it quickly on one of the filters as there is a magnetic screen that needs to be checked and cleaned if needed . I can put the tractor on a slope but how much will that save , just wondering if anyone else has some advice or done this with the M5700 .

/ hyd. filter change
I’ve heard if you use a shop vac in the refill hole it helps and you may not lose too much fluid.

MoKelly
I did that on my B2650 and it worked great but I am dealing with allot more fluid and it won't be as quick .

/ hyd. filter change #6  
I had the M tilted up about 8 inches on that side and lost at least a gallon when I did the filter change.
I was too slow in getting the new filter threaded on.:confused:

/ hyd. filter change
I had the M tilted up about 8 inches on that side and lost at least a gallon when I did the filter change.
I was too slow in getting the new filter threaded on.:confused:
Thanks for the reply on the M , I was afraid of that . I will have to pick up some fluid as the gallon I have may not be enough .

/ hyd. filter change #8  
I used a big clean tote like mentioned above when I did filters on my M. Driving up on some blocks or doing it outside on a slope could also help? Shouldn’t be a need to loose/waste much oil.

/ hyd. filter change
I used a big clean tote like mentioned above when I did filters on my M. Driving up on some blocks or doing it outside on a slope could also help? Shouldn’t be a need to loose/waste much oil.
Thanks

/ hyd. filter change #10  
No shop vac, no quickie filter swap, no magic potions - just do it the correct way. Like BufordBoone suggests.

I "borrowed" one of my wife's Tupper Ware quilt storage containers. I was, at first, thinking of five gallon buckets. Knowing my luck - I'd end up with four gallons in the first bucket and, then, twelve gallons on the ground.

My M6040 holds sixteen plus gallons of hydraulic fluid. The Tupper Ware container worked great. Come to find out - it's a twenty gallon container. I bought the wife a new container.

I drained all the hydraulic fluid into the container - put a plastic bucket under the hydraulic filters ( there are two ) - loosened these filter and let them drain into the bucket - installed two new filters - poured the hydraulic fluid back into the tractor.

The ONLY fluid I lost - what stuck to the bucket and quilt storage container.