Propane Prices

/ Propane Prices #311  
I just filled our tank @ $1.29/gallon here in mid-Georgia. Winter prices are expected to go into effect about mid-September.

/ Propane Prices #312  
coobie, you must have your own gas well drilled there, geez what a low price. I just prepaid 600 gallons of propane at 1.88
Cheapest I could find in town.
Of course I just paid 2.89 for regular unleaded in PA so not many bargains around.
Remarkable how residential propane can cost so much different
state to state.

/ Propane Prices #313  
We have had an unusually cool/wet growing season here. I think there is going to be a lot of grain drying demand this fall so keep that in mind.

/ Propane Prices #314  
Ordered my annual refill today. They priced it at $1.29.9. Regular unleaded is around $2.50 here.

/ Propane Prices #315  
coobie, you must have your own gas well drilled there, geez what a low price. I just prepaid 600 gallons of propane at 1.88
Of course I just paid 2.89 for regular unleaded in PA so not many bargains around.
state to state.

I was shocked at the low price of mine too. Last year we paid $1.79-9 and then later $1.99-9, so this time was a $0.50 drop.

Gas prices here blew up also. Two weeks ago it was $2.07-9. Today it's $279-9 Another strange thing too - premium is $3.49-9. With Irma on the horizon, I expect gas prices, when available, to go out of sight.

/ Propane Prices #316  
Locked in another 15,000 gallons of poultry propane in July $1.08. Said residential prices were $1.45 at that time. Agricultural prices (grain dryers) were $1.18.

/ Propane Prices #317  
state to state.
I wish,when I filled up last year it was 88 cents per gal.I own my 500 gal. tank.I think that helps with the price.We burn wood pellets (3-4 tons) per year which is our main heat source.Propane got over $4.25 per gallon in these parts a few years back..

/ Propane Prices
Rant,

I called my propane supplier last week and asked the summer fill price. The person asked my name so she could look up my account and I was quoted a price. They filled me up the next day, it took about 385 gallons. After talking to several people about the price I paid I realized I was paying more per gallon that everyone I talked to.

I called the supplier back and asked the price and told them I was not a customer. They quoted "the truck price" that happened to be 10 cents per gallon cheaper than what I was charged. I've been a customer for 21 years and always pay on time. After she quoted me the lower price I explained that I was a customer and was charged 10 cents more than a non customer. She said they are charging on a tier system and I was on the higher tier, but that if had told her I wanted a lower price and that I was a customer she could have dropped the price !?!? WTF???

I'm going to stop and talk to the manager this afternoon so he can explain why I'm being charged more. I can only imagine it's because I'm using less propane per year than I used to and have managed to only need a fill once per year in the summer. In my mind, it's beneficial to them that they only have to come to my house when I'm almost empty and fill me up. My neighbors on the other hand get filled when they are only down to 30 or 40% and they make several trips per year to their houses.

What are your thoughts?

Kevin

/ Propane Prices #319  
Rant,

I called my propane supplier last week and asked the summer fill price. The person asked my name so she could look up my account and I was quoted a price. They filled me up the next day, it took about 385 gallons. After talking to several people about the price I paid I realized I was paying more per gallon that everyone I talked to.

I called the supplier back and asked the price and told them I was not a customer. They quoted "the truck price" that happened to be 10 cents per gallon cheaper than what I was charged. I've been a customer for 21 years and always pay on time. After she quoted me the lower price I explained that I was a customer and was charged 10 cents more than a non customer. She said they are charging on a tier system and I was on the higher tier, but that if had told her I wanted a lower price and that I was a customer she could have dropped the price !?!? WTF???

I'm going to stop and talk to the manager this afternoon so he can explain why I'm being charged more. I can only imagine it's because I'm using less propane per year than I used to and have managed to only need a fill once per year in the summer. In my mind, it's beneficial to them that they only have to come to my house when I'm almost empty and fill me up. My neighbors on the other hand get filled when they are only down to 30 or 40% and they make several trips per year to their houses.

What are your thoughts?

Kevin
Just happened to catch your post. I've been dealing with my company now since we moved into our last house in 2008. I didn't realize all the specifics with the way it all works. I moved into a house with the tank being owned by the company. So we're leasing the tank. What that does to you is hook you into buying from that company which includes the yearly rental fee. After the first winter of being gouged, I install a wood-burning, zero-clearance unit that heats both top floors of our house well. So I only fill once a year now as well. A couple years later, I checked prices from other vendors before calling my company. The cheapest I found at the time was something like $2.57/gallon. So I called and asked what the price per gal would be. The lady I spoke to said something like $3.10. I told her that I had checked around and the cheapest from others was like $2.57. So she asked me to hold for a minute. She came back on and said that they could give it to me for $2.59. I was like how can you now do that? She said that I just had to ask for the summer rate? So like you, I was like "WTF??" I've been doing that since, but now I've about had it with them. So I'm gonna ask to buy the tank from them. If they won't sell it at a reasonable price, I'll ask them to come get it and have another one installed by another company. I don't know how that will go over.

/ Propane Prices #320  
^^ That's been my experience, as far as volume and pricing. I use less a little over 300 per year usually, so I get no discounts and pay more than most around me. What was your price?