Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254

/ Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254 #21  
   / Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254 #22  
Two years ago, I replaced the OEM alternator/regulator with a single wire GM self exiting alternator, that puts out 60 amps, for only $60. I have been running this alternator for a couple of years now and haven't looked back! It took a lot of research at the time to find out what to upgrade to but this was the simplest one and I wanted to upgrade it and eliminate the need for an external regulator. I just had to get a different length belt also. That was easy enough to find at my local Tractor Supply for I think $6. Go to dbelectrical.com and search this: Alternator 1 Wire Universal Self-Excited 10SI 10 SI 7127-SE. I tried posting the link but I do not have permission because I have not met the required 3 posts in order to do so.
TimP82
I have a Jinma 254. I want to replace the factory alternator with the delco 10si since wire alternator. What do I do with the other 3 wires connected to the alternator? I realize one has to be to the external voltage regulator. What do I do with that? Thank you for any help. I got the part on the different pulley.

/ Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254 #23  
Dear Bob,
I want to replace the alternator on my Jinma 254 with the Delco 10si single wire internal regulator. What do I so with the other 3 wires? Thank you for any help

/ Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254 #24  
Dear Bob,
I want to replace the alternator on my Jinma 254 with the Delco 10si single wire internal regulator. What do I so with the other 3 wires? Thank you for any help
What is the amperage rating of the new alternator? You may have to change out some wires anyway.

/ Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254 #25  
Bob, according to the web site the amperage for the Delco 10si is 63 amps

/ Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254 #26  
Bob, according to the web site the amperage for the Delco 10si is 63 amps
I believe your existing alternator is rated nominally at 14 amps, and your output wire is only AWG 14 equivalent, which will need to be replaced with AWG 10 (as well as the ground wire). You will also need to get the smallest pulley you can for your belt width. So, about those extra wires - just tape them all off because you won't be using any of them.

/ Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254 #27  
Bob,
I contacted the dealer I purchased the tractor from and asked them the correct wiring for the alternator. You were correct, he had wired it wrong. All three of the smaller wires were on the wrong posts. I put them on the correct posts and it works. No light after starting and I am getting 14.4 amps at high idle. Thank you for the suggestion.

/ Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254 #28  
When this one goes I am going with the Delco. For sure! I will get the smaller pully and upgrade the wire gauge to the 10. That all makes perfect sense. Thank you.

/ Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254 #29  
Excellent! You got lucky.

/ Alternator and regulator question - Siromer 304 / Jinma 254 #30  
Well the indicator should be lit when the engine isn't running. my alt and oil lights illuminate whenever key is on and engine is not running.

There is no tach sense in the alternator. Tach input comes from a sensor on the left side of the bell housing sensing the ring gear teeth on the flywheel.

Here is a link to a schematic I drew many years back for my 2005 Jinma 284.

Jinma 284 electrical schematic (2005, integrated instrunment panel)
Would this schematic be the same for a 354e tractor?