Operating the backhoe

/ Operating the backhoe #1  

eco88

Tractor
Kioti DK4210SE HST
Ok, newbie question here.
Got my DK4210SE rops delivered yesterday. It sat til today until I had time to play with it.

What's the trick to keep the tractor running in order to use the backhoe?
I turn it on, parking brake on, get the throttle up, I get off the seat to go sit in the backhoe, and the damn tractor shuts off.
I guess the pressure switch in the seat shuts it off, but how else are you supposed to use the backhoe. Can't be sitting on both seats at the same time

Attachments

• 20210722_195917.jpg
    20210722_195917.jpg
    4.6 MB · Views: 80
   / Operating the backhoe #2  
Put a bag of bricks on the seat

Seriously though, I have a CK4220 here is Australia, and mine doesn’t turn off like that. I'd talk to your dealer.

/ Operating the backhoe #3  
Try taking it out of gear and setting the parking brake before getting off the seat.

/ Operating the backhoe #4  
Oh yeah, the rear remote lever should be pulled or pushed until the detent holds the valve open. This is so hydraulic pressure is provided to the backhoe.

/ Operating the backhoe #5  
I rotate my drivers seat a little and put on the parking brake. RTM.

/ Operating the backhoe #6  
I have a DK5310SE cab, parking brake on and Neutral, both are required, then you can get out of the seat.

/ Operating the backhoe #8  
Exactly.
I plan to bypass the LMH switch. PIA in my opinion. I understand why companies do it but it is stupid.
It would be foolish to not put the tractor in neutral and lock the brakes when leaving the drivers seat with the engine running. The tractor could start moving.

/ Operating the backhoe #9  
I wish that they would come up with a better solution also. When I lean out the back window to see what I'm doing, enough weight comes off the seat to turn the engine off.

/ Operating the backhoe #10  
It would be foolish to not put the tractor in neutral and lock the brakes when leaving the drivers seat with the engine running. The tractor could start moving.
None of my Kubota's did it! The Low Medium High selector only, I said nothing about the brakes. With the brakes locked, even low can't overpower the brakes. You still have to push the hydrostat pedal on top of that. Sounds like a good set up for you though.