Grapples. Whats the best tine spacing?

/ Grapples. Whats the best tine spacing? #11  
9 inch spacing on mine - I tried sifting our silty soil with it a couple times and did OK, although closer tines would have been better.

Attachments

• rhino-dirt pile 008.JPG
    rhino-dirt pile 008.JPG
    564.4 KB · Views: 442

/ Grapples. Whats the best tine spacing? #12  
I have a Land Pride SGC 1560 rock & root grapple. About 95% of the time - used to move large rocks and huge chunks of pine tree trunk. Tine spacing is 6". The other 5% - scraping up brush and limbs.

I've had it seven + years now. Proven to be an excellent implement.

IMG_0011.jpeg

/ Grapples. Whats the best tine spacing? #13  
I guess it depends on machine capacity and what you want to use it for. Wider gaps is probably lighter, possibly not as strong. Also build quality, wider gaps gives less structural strength so poorly manufactured units would be more at risk for the “one bad weld” to be a major failure of the system.

/ Grapples. Whats the best tine spacing? #14  
I guess it depends on machine capacity and what you want to use it for. Wider gaps is probably lighter, possibly not as strong. Also build quality, wider gaps gives less structural strength so poorly manufactured units would be more at risk for the “one bad weld” to be a major failure of the system.
Yes and no here. All that depends on grade of steel, strength of steel, thickness of the plate used, quality of welds, gussets, etc etc. This is where the "you get what you pay for" comes into play.

/ Grapples. Whats the best tine spacing? #15  
He’s putting in on a 9500 pound skid loader. A few extra pounds in the grapple won’t make any difference.

/ Grapples. Whats the best tine spacing?
I have a Land Pride SGC 1560 rock & root grapple. About 95% of the time - used to move large rocks and huge chunks of pine tree trunk. Tine spacing is 6". The other 5% - scraping up brush and limbs.

I've had it seven + years now. Proven to be an excellent implement.

View attachment 707413
well I went with the land pride/kubota grapple. Stumbled on rg3068 and got a good price I believe, $3500. The land pride stuff is very well built. Steel hydraulic lines and 3/4 tines on the grapples and 1/2 on the bottom. The tines are are spaced 9". The info in this thread tells me 6" would have been better but I liked the land pride stuff. Oh well, this obsessive researching for the best grapple for me is over. lol
next.

/ Grapples. Whats the best tine spacing? #17  
well I went with the land pride/kubota grapple. Stumbled on rg3068 and got a good price I believe, $3500. The land pride stuff is very well built. Steel hydraulic lines and 3/4 tines on the grapples and 1/2 on the bottom. The tines are are spaced 9". The info in this thread tells me 6" would have been better but I liked the land pride stuff. Oh well, this obsessive researching for the best grapple for me is over. lol
next.
You'll be happy with it. No worries.

/ Grapples. Whats the best tine spacing? #18  
9" spacing - 6" spacing on the tines. Probably won't make a hill of beans difference.

You will find great pleasure in the uses of this grapple you have chosen.

/ Grapples. Whats the best tine spacing?
Thanks. They had a landpride 4 in 1 bucket that had been there for 4 years. I thought hard about it but this was the way to go. $3800 on the 4 in 1 I think.

Attachments

• B0F77713-DA04-4F71-87BE-139B063ADC8A.jpeg
    B0F77713-DA04-4F71-87BE-139B063ADC8A.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 48
  • CC9B29D8-7769-47F2-8CC1-4480479790C0.jpeg
    CC9B29D8-7769-47F2-8CC1-4480479790C0.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 41