My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks

/ My Place: a CAT, Mahindra, and Ducks
Want to see a cool attachment for your excavator? This guy is highly skilled, but I think yu can appreciate the roto-attachment and the well designed bucket. He has endless videos of his projects
PS. your blade idea is awesome! It reminded me of these vids I watch. (y)
Seen that attachment. I don't think it would be compatible with the hyd. thumb. Not to mention running more tubing and another diverter valve plus more weight on an old, tired, turn table bearing. I have something like that on my telehandler, but the whole frame tilts and the fork carriage pivots.
Thanks! Years ago, I made a 6 foot one for my backhoe. Been wanting to build this 8 footer for 6 years.
hugs, Brandi

Last edited:
That would be pretty handy. Is it stable enough with the mounting system?
It's the same mounting system I have been using for years on my backhoe. But this one is 3/8 inch thick. It's as strong as the teeth supporting it. Just need to reinforce the blade. My 6 foot one on the backhoe never bent because it would just pull the tractor backwards. But the CAT doesn't slide and thus the bent end. Just a pile of dirt straightened the blade back out. Ouch to my pride. Longer plow bolts are ordered and I can pick up the 3/8th inch angle tomorrow.
hugs, Brandi

But these meet the renewable specs.
You can take that and the Boy Scout that let you in the door and go soapbox race yourself.:D I want American steel.
hugs, Brandi

The front bumper spray tank on the lawnmower works way better than expected. I can spray and move along the fence lines, justing my left elbow to steer with the wand in that hand. Or drive slowing and steer with one hand.

At first, I only put in 12 gallons of water & Eraser A/P. Every once in a while the rear tires would spin. I was extra careful along the gully. Last trip of the day, I put in 16 gallons and all worked fine. Now, after all that fab. and install with 3 hours of spraying.............the tank will sit until next year.
hugs, Brandi

Got the CAT grader blade reinforced. 3x3x3/8th inch angle 8 foot long. I drilled #40 pilot holes and took it to my welding shop, were they punched the holes out for 5/8th inch plow bolts.
CAT 8 Foot Grader Blade Angle Reinforcement.jpg
CAT 8 Foot Grader Blade Angle Reinforcement End View.jpg

hugs, Brandi