Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #71  
Good to know that IQ tests can now be replaced by a height and weight measurement.

:)

Bruce

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #72  
Good to know that IQ tests can now be replaced by a height and weight measurement.

Bruce
My weight keeps going up. Perhaps my IQ will follow.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #73  
What is the reason behind farm accidents ?

"Low IQ scores in early adulthood were associated with a subsequently increased risk of unintentional injury. A greater understanding of mechanisms underlying these associations may provide opportunities and strategies for prevention"

Although willpower and choice based accidents may be independent of IQ levels, still in order to secure the work in the widest scope, it should be aimed to minimize the multitasking distribution as much as possible to minimize the accidents based on the lack of analytical ability due to low IQ levels and choice mistakes due to physical fatigue. Warnings written in an effective language that triggers the right way of thinking should be posted all over the farm to ensure that workers are constantly reminded. Workers suspected of slow analytical ability should not be assigned to complex tasks.
Chaigit, you sound like a very troubled individual. I will add you to my prayer list. May the Good Lord have mercy on you and I hope your troubles end shortly.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #74  
You do anything long enough,
You're going to "drop your guard" and have a mistake or accident. Sometimes you get lucky and have a close call that is just a reminder.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #75  
You do anything long enough,
You're going to "drop your guard" and have a mistake or accident. Sometimes you get lucky and have a close call that is just a reminder.
When I see comments like this

So I calculate every possibility down to the smallest detail.

it tells me that he's just getting started and really isn't comfortable with what he's doing. It's when you go from being a rookie to a novice that accidents happen. It's unfortunate that he already knows everything, because there are many members here with the experience and willingness to help him along.
Yet that's been mentioned before... some people have to p on the electric fence to find out that it's charged.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #76  
My chances of getting into an accident on the farm are much lower than many of you. Because I am soo coward. So I calculate every possibility down to the smallest detail. I wont go into the manure pit even if you beg me or I wont stand behind a tractor to check some cables or I wont wander among the cattle. Bigger size, lower IQ. Smaller size higher IQ.
Simple safety measures. I wear chaps, helmet, face guard, etc. when cutting firewood, and won't drop a tree unless my wife is home to call the ambulance. Cell phones don't work here.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #77  
“Bigger size = lower IQ”

Im thinking that is the most inhumane thing I have read in recent days…..

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #78  

Bruce
High school athletes are above average intelligence. Physical activity increases the disparity with age. Physical activity is protective against the mental deterioration of age. The "big and dumb" paradigm is nonsense.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #79  

Bruce
Have to laugh...

10th top job is a power lineman.

My FIL was a power lineman for over 30 years.

Thing is, when you graduate from "power lineman" school, it's a pretty safe bet you don't have a low IQ that doesn't understand electricity.

Bad luck sometimes happens to good people.

/ Farm accidents: Low IQ levels or wrong choices #80  
Simple safety measures. I wear chaps, helmet, face guard, etc. when cutting firewood, and won't drop a tree unless my wife is home to call the ambulance. Cell phones don't work here.
Simple safety measures don’t always work in the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.