Live Animal Traps

/ Live Animal Traps #1  

Richard001

Veteran Member
Tractor
Jd lx178
I made this trap following some videos from Youtube. It's not very big, about 7X8 inches and 24 inches long.

My first wood live trap1 8-2021.JPG

My first wood live trap 8-2021.JPG

On the end as you can see, I have put a 1/4 X 1/4 inch galvanized screen to keep the critters inside.

I gave this to a friend of mine to use to get rid of rabbits and chipmunks. Got a rabbit and several chipmunks, but now something else has got into the trap and somehow chewed it's way out right thru the screen. See here:

My live trap with hole in screen.JPG

Does anyone have any idea of what could chew thru a steel screen ?

Richard

/ Live Animal Traps #4  
I made this trap following some videos from Youtube. It's not very big, about 7X8 inches and 24 inches long.

View attachment 710338

View attachment 710340

On the end as you can see, I have put a 1/4 X 1/4 inch galvanized screen to keep the critters inside.

I gave this to a friend of mine to use to get rid of rabbits and chipmunks. Got a rabbit and several chipmunks, but now something else has got into the trap and somehow chewed it's way out right thru the screen. See here:

View attachment 710341

Does anyone have any idea of what could chew thru a steel screen ?

Richard
I had a house cat that could chew through that. We made a large enclosure with that for sidewalls for him so we could lock him up whenever we went away or he'd eat the house. He ate the enclosure, then ate the house. Big kitty with big appetite. Otherwise lovable.

/ Live Animal Traps #7  
That made me laugh. Luckily, I read between sips of coffee!

MoKelly
17 pound cat. All muscle. No fat. All boy. 37" long nose to tail. He would stand on the floor next to the dining room table and grab food off of my dinner plate with his paw if I didn't keep an eye on him. He'd eat corn on the cob with the dog. I was sort of shocked that he chewed through the hardware cloth, but then again...

/ Live Animal Traps #8  
Nothing larger than a rat could squeeze out the hole and wire has always turned rats back so I believe someone accidently damaged it,or maybe intentionally so they could fun you about it.

/ Live Animal Traps
Nothing larger than a rat could squeeze out the hole and wire has always turned rats back so I believe someone accidently damaged it,or maybe intentionally so they could fun you about it.
Well I thought about that, a neighbor cutting the screen, but when I closely examined the screen, i could not see any cut marks that a wire cutter would make.

Actually, this is the second time that this has happened.

The new replacement for the screen is now a much stronger wire bars from an old fan cover.

Richard