Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before?

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #1  

4570Man

Super Star Member
Tractor
Kubota M59, Kubota L3800, Grasshopper 428D, Topkick dump truck, 3500 dump truck, 10 ton trailer, more lighter trailers.
A guy that I used to work with text me wanting to sell this for cheap. At first I thought the boom would be good to go on my buddies trencher and the hydraulics would be good for another project. Maybe converting my dump trailer. But when I actually looked at it it’s not the cobbled up homemade project I thought. It’s a manufactured piece by Kelly manufacturing in Ohio. It’s kinda cute. I hate to cut it up, I haven’t decided what’s going to happen to it yet.
IMG_0507.JPG

Last edited:
   / Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #2  
Looks a lot like a stripped parks trailbuilder.
This is the only image I have from an old craigslist posting. They were specially made for the state parks.
Screenshot_20210821-122322_Messages.jpg

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #3  
My screen shows two totally different machines. I guess I better get a new display or something. :ROFLMAO:

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #4  
My screen shows two totally different machines. I guess I better get a new display or something.
Apperently there were a few different versions made by different companies. There is a historical website about them but I cant find it off hand.

Never said it was exactly the same machine.

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #5  
Here's the RonCo version; DR Towable Backhoe. It's considerably lighter duty than what the OP shows. My neighbor has one of these, and for their purposes it works out well.
It seems like if it's in good condition, the price is right and the owner just wants to get rid of it, you can buy it then decide what to do with it.

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before?
Here's the RonCo version; DR Towable Backhoe. It's considerably lighter duty than what the OP shows. My neighbor has one of these, and for their purposes it works out well.
It seems like if it's in good condition, the price is right and the owner just wants to get rid of it, you can buy it then decide what to do with it.

It’s only $450. I already bought it before I started the thread. How could you go wrong for that money?

/ Has anyone seen a backhoe like this before? #7  
It’s only $450. I already bought it before I started the thread. How could you go wrong for that money?
So much usable stuff right there for just $450. Definitely a nice score!

So much usable stuff right there for just $450. Definitely a nice score!

That’s what I thought. I’d planned on taking it apart for parts when I got it but I don’t think I will now. I have a mini x already but this is kinda cool. Unlike the really flimsy towable backhoes this one is self propelled and steerable.
IMG_0508.JPG

Looks a lot like a stripped parks trailbuilder.
This is the only image I have from an old craigslist posting. They were specially made for the state parks. View attachment 710548

What would be the point of that vs a mini excavator? It looks just as expensive and lacks the ability to turn 360 degrees.