XC drag build

/ XC drag build #12  
Nice drag Arly, it’s almost that time of year eh! While snowmobile trails are fun to groom, ski trails sure are challenging to get nicey nice. But, I like the heated cab of a Pisten Bulley on a -30 night over the frosted up windshield on a skandic :)

/ XC drag build
Pic of the spring tines on a 2x2 angle iron. There would be another angle and tines in a second row.
P1120277.jpg
P1120280.jpg

/ XC drag build #14  
Does anyone have questions?
Yeah, isn't it more fun to blaze the trails in fresh snow when skiing? I always thought so. Idk

/ XC drag build
Yeah, isn't it more fun to blaze the trails in fresh snow when skiing? I always thought so. Idk
We are back country skiers as well, but of course, we have many, many pairs of skis of most types*. I say that just to say, I now what you mean. Nonthless, 90% of skiers would say "that's nuts" and stay home. Most people like in packed down for better glide and traction and skaters like it even more level and firmly packed. Packed snow can also can take warm weather and survive. In fact, looking at spring satellite photos, you can make out XC trails long after the temps have warmed. The 1st photo show the snow in our yard and sking in that volume is pretty tough. The bottom shows most, but not all our skis. So if you want the public out enjoying the winter, pack it down.

*we don't skate ski. That's for sissies!
yard snow deep.jpg
SKIS773.jpg

Last edited:
   / XC drag build
Here is a better pics of skiing without grooming. We are using our BC skis. Packing this down would bring more folks out.
dogsdeepsnow22.jpg
wallydeepsnow48.jpg

Last edited:
   / XC drag build
Back to this project, today I made a "over all" features print. Simple guys like me, this take much, much time to draw. If anyone would like complete plans, I would sell you them and help you through it.
delux drag II gereral concept287.jpg

/ XC drag build #18  
Well, that definitely looks like it should do a good job of grooming the trails.

/ XC drag build
Well, that definitely looks like it should do a good job of grooming the trails.
We will be grooming a few K's near town this winter, so this drag will be built. :giggle: Who'll be up to ski with us? Of cosure these trails will be dog friendly.

/ XC drag build
$1200 worth of actuators are heading our way. (4 of them) I searched and searched for less costly ones and didn't find anything worth trying. Prints of the pan goes to the fabricator next week. Any questions?? Name for this new design?