Kubota L3010 vs. JD 4300 vs. NH TC33D

/ Kubota L3010 vs. JD 4300 vs. NH TC33D #11  
Schooner,

I adjusted the bolts under the foot pedal and am very pleased with the results. I noticed that one could have the pedal have excess travel that does nothing for them. Thanks for passing on the information!!

/ Kubota L3010 vs. JD 4300 vs. NH TC33D #12  
cokboy,

I just purchased a TC33D with a 7308 loader last month and paid under $17,000 up here in New England. The other quotes were in the $18-19k neighborhood.

Tim

/ Kubota L3010 vs. JD 4300 vs. NH TC33D
Cokboy,

I could not get prices in Arizona anywhere near what the people in New England and the mid west post on the board. The Kubota, NH and JD dealers were all about $2000 higher than other parts of the country. $19,500 is in line; I had the same price from another NH dealer but actually paid a little more from the dealer who I worked with. After sending out demo units twice I figured he had earned the business. I have had the tractor for a week and I am happy with my choice.

tag9889,

If you don't mind me asking, what dealer did you go to. I'm in eastern MA and am very interested in the TC33D with FEL. $17K is a good price from what I've seen so far.

Does anyone know of a service that gives dealer costs similar to the info you can get on cars. I have been told that 10-15% over dealer invoice is pretty good. Paying more then 20% over invoice is not so good.

fernbank

I just received a quote in MI on N.H. TC33D with 7308 loader of $18,335 with industrial tires($240 xtra). It was $700 more than the TC 29 D quote.The same dealer quoted a L3010 HST Kubota with industrial tires(R4s) and LA 482 loader w/ 66" bucket at $18,195. These figures are less MI sales tax.

Tim,

Thanks for the link. It's a bit bizarre though. Why is the Minnesota DOT publishing tractor list prices?

Champlain, NY is a bit far for me. But I'm going to go to a few more dealers and see if I can get better quotes. The one dealer I've visited so far quoted a TC33D with 7308 loader at $19,900. That sounds a bit steep, but I have not begun to bargin with him either. He hopefully will do better. Incidentally, a Kubta dealer just down the road from him quoted the L3010HST with FEL at $19,800. Things seem a bit pricey down here in MA.

One other unrelated observation -- this board has a lot of discussion trading off the Kubota's, NH's, and JD's. I've noticed that the JD buyer board and the Kubota buyer's board has relatively little discussion on comparison. They barely mention NH. Yet, from what I've seen of the NH TC series personally and from what I've read here and elsewhere, if you try to do a real comparison of the three NH looks darn good. It seems the other boards are predisposed to the Kubotas and John Deere. I guess that should not be all that surprising. Once you buy one of these tractors (no matter what color) you do not usually complain too much!

Fernbank

/ Kubota L3010 vs. JD 4300 vs. NH TC33D #18  
fernbank, sounds like your talking about the dealers in spencer. anyway i compared those 2 tractors and after sitting and driving both i purchased the kubota.

Ekim,

Yep, the Spencer dealers are the ones I'm talking about. I really liked Ahearn's (the Kubota dealer). The NH dealer (Klem's) is a bit strange. It's like a Spag's that also sells tractors. But I really liked the TC33D.

A couple questions:
What was it that persuaded you towards the Kubota?
Did you get an L3010 or something else?
Did you get it at Ahearns in Spencer?

fernbank

/ Kubota L3010 vs. JD 4300 vs. NH TC33D #20  
fernbank,

I can't remember who originally posted that link, and I apoligize for that, but it has been referred to numerous times. It was useful to me when I was researching. By the way there is another interesting site http://www.wctractor.com/ that has package deals on the gear tractors, but they are located down in Brenham, TX. Look under "Products" and "Package Deals". Not a lot of help to you, but interestiing.

Actually, Champlain, NY was a bit of a stretch for me-3 hours, but the next closest price was $1,500 more.
It's kind of interesting that two of the dealers I spoke with in this area both said that they get their New Holland equipment, tractors, loaders, etc..., from the Milton, NH area. Including the people up in Champlain, NY.

I not going to be much help on the Kubotas or John Deere. I dorve a Kubota B2910 and I like it as well as the NH TC33D but the pricing was much higher.
I looked at the JD4100 but even that was higher than the 33D.

I read this board and people really liked their TC series tractors. I like the TC as well and the price was right, but if I had been offered a deal on the 2910, I may have gone that way as well.

So far, only 12 hours, I still like it. I use it for mowing my field and moving dirt and horse manure. In the winter I plan on clearing my drive, I've had enough of shoveling snow after last March.

Good luck,

Tim