Good morning!!!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,721  
I forgot to say. When we left in mid July the daily covid case count in Lancaster county was in the single digits. When we got back in mid August the daily case count was over 125. One day this week it hit 200. The experts have reversed themselves so many times on this pandemic I'm feeling like I'm getting whip lash. The people up on Deer Isle are supposed to be over 90 percent vaccinated So maybe we should have stayed up there except there are so many people from away that the county up there was listed as a hot spot. Over all I wouldn't say this was our finest moment.
Chris

/ Good morning!!!! #137,722  
Kyle, JD X390 least expensive one with power steering
only 10 inch rear wheels (they are fairly wide) is fine for just mowing but if you want to do anything else with it, might
consider a basic 5 series. They go 3 5 7 in size, think BMW...
Likely a good bit less money if you don't need power steering, which makes this thing super easy to drive though.

Simplicity had model with same features for 500 less.
But I've owned this model before and know it to be very tried and true.
The newer style seat is better quality with nice stitching on it.
It will be even better when my backordered arm rest kit shows up.

I admit I really don't like where they put the zerks on the mower deck, hidden under a ledge where you can't see them at all and
have to find them with your fingers. I'm using a coupler and I have a terrible time getting the locking part under the overhang and actually
clamped on to something. Minor rant, and maybe more a sign of my arthritis but it's almost like they designed it all for having to pull the whole deck out to get
to maintenance points. I'm sure not going to do that.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,723  
Good morning to all! Low of 56, going for a high of 81. It just might happen being there is heavy cloud cover this morning.

No rain happened yesterday even though the skies were threatening and it looked like it was going to pour hard. There are some good chances for today....

Roy, enjoy the new pup! I hope she settles in quickly.

Bird, when are you picking up your new fur baby?

Kyle, BBQ burgers sounds good... we haven't had any burgers for a while.... mmm --- I will have to run that idea by the wifey....
How is the repair on the carb going? Hope you were able to get it running right.

Thomas, a 4 hour walk with the trimmer sounds like too much work... I am getting tired just thinking about it!

Eric, have fun chasing butterflies..... better than chasing your own tail....

RNG, hope the smoke clears, wishful thinking. Maybe just a little? The grizzly project looks good!

Today's agenda: play with some more drip irrigation.... hopefully can get the last bed completed. The first 2 runs shown yesterday are complete and tested. That will lighten the workload of hand watering for sure!

I still haven't seen any ads for mulch going on sale..... there is still a week before Labor Day weekend.... maybe they are holding off until late next week to post the sale... I hope so. It will cost a couple hundred more if it doesn't go on sale.

Everyone have a great day!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,725  
Am behind in reading.

We got .4” rain yesterday, glad I mowed earlier in week.

Quick Costco run to get cat food. I wore mask but not required.

74° now with 98% humidity. Everything still wet from last nights rain.

Made more automation progress. Found I could control camera via python scripts, so wrote some and they worked like a charm, and I did it all remote from my lazy boy at home.
Last piece of puzzle is remote control of input switch to projector. It has serial interface, but I can’t seem to connect. So I ordered 2 new usb to serial cables, the one I put on I cobbled together and it might be missing null modem. There are 2 chipsets used in these cables, so ordered both, hope 1 works. Once done anyone can poke the buttons on the stream deck to control the streaming. There is even a phone app, which I don’t have yet. Only 1 small manual login at beginning due to how FB works.

Today gotta polish up the lesson I give tomorrow.

Buppies, sorry to read about results. Prayers.

Roy, have fun putting a new woofer in the truck.

Last edited:
   / Good morning!!!! #137,727  
71 early, 82 now and 87 later, heat index is already 92.
We had .83” of rain from a strong storm around midnight that thrashed for near an hour.
Looks like I’m going to be mowing wet grass
Cruise in later so I hooked the trailer up earlier while it wasn’t quite so hot.

Almost 48 hours out on my third shot, arm is a bit sore around the injection site, no noticeable symptoms otherwise. I am a bit draggy this morning but I think 69 years of hard living is more to blame.

Well gotta get started mowing, have a good day.

/ Good morning!!!! #137,729  
Well, Margeaux is home...took about an hour to explore and "decompress" (rescue agency said up to 3 days)
Happy puppy and warmed right up to Suzette and I. Only downside is she's confiscated my sofa for napping...guess I'll need to nap elsewhere.
I'll have pictures later today...

Shoulder where I got the shot is a bit more achy, so no work today, I think.... Anyway, we want to bond with our newest member of the family!!

/ Good morning!!!! #137,730  
Kyle, JD X390 least expensive one with power steering
only 10 inch rear wheels (they are fairly wide) is fine for just mowing but if you want to do anything else with it, might
consider a basic 5 series. They go 3 5 7 in size, think BMW...
Likely a good bit less money if you don't need power steering, which makes this thing super easy to drive though.

Simplicity had model with same features for 500 less.
But I've owned this model before and know it to be very tried and true.
The newer style seat is better quality with nice stitching on it.
It will be even better when my backordered arm rest kit shows up.

I admit I really don't like where they put the zerks on the mower deck, hidden under a ledge where you can't see them at all and
have to find them with your fingers. I'm using a coupler and I have a terrible time getting the locking part under the overhang and actually
clamped on to something. Minor rant, and maybe more a sign of my arthritis but it's almost like they designed it all for having to pull the whole deck out to get
to maintenance points. I'm sure not going to do that.
Thanks Drew, I saw one with power steering, and was wondering how well it worked? I figured I'd ask you if the steering is working out for you. My old mower needs the tranny rebuilt, and my daughter said she needs the arm exercise, so I will try to tear into the tranny this winter.

Many times, the zerks just go into a hollow space on the mower deck spindles, and the bearings are 2rs anyway (meaning they have rubber seals on both sides and don't need grease).