Found a great gas can spout!!

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #12  
Another fan of VP Racing cans here! I've got 2 yellow ones for diesel and sourced a hand crank pump that fits perfectly. No more hoisting 5 gallons of fuel up onto my shoulder to fuel up the CUT anymore!!
I use my loader... put the can in the bucket, raise it, get the hose running and walk away.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #13  
Tractor supply used to sell those for under $5 for years. I bought several. The added vent was the main reason they worked so well. But adding vents on gas cans is a big nono according to the govt buzybodies. Im finding it hard to find that kit you mention in my stores anymore. Probably why price went so high for a chunk of plastic.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #15  
Agree Eddie, I found the same one after tossing several 'state of the art' junk spouts. Some of the ones I bought looked great but took two men and a dog to use. Simple is better. But, I use this spout with these air vents. Without them the gas pours slowly and erratically.

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #16  
these are all i have used for years, Don't spill a drop

Thirty three dollars, for a piece of plastic which will rot out in <5 years? I’ve looked at those before, but can’t imagine that spout lasting very long in the back of my truck during cold weather

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #17  
For years I was able to avoid the new types of gas can spouts that are so awkward to use. But then my 20 year old gas cans started to leak and I had to buy a new one. The threads on the new can wasn't the same, so I couldn't use the spout that worked so well anymore. I knew the new style was bad from what I've read, but really didn't comprehend just how bad they where.

I bought several different replacement spouts, but didn't care for the. The flexible ones where awkward to get lined up in the gas tank and lift the can at the same time. Others would crack when tightening them and only last a few times. Then I found this one, which is very easy to line up with the gas tank without spilling and so far, there is no sign that the threaded part is going to crack on me. It's a little more expensive then I wanted to spend, but it works great and I just ordered another one.

Hope this helps somebody that was dealing with this problem too.

A bit cheaper over on E-Bay!

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #18  
Thirty three dollars, for a piece of plastic which will rot out in <5 years? I’ve looked at those before, but can’t imagine that spout lasting very long in the back of my truck during cold weather
my cans are over 10 years old, not a single issue or rot with any of them, never seen plastic "rot" before to be honest

/ Found a great gas can spout!! #19  
Hi Eddie.

Thanks for posting. I bought one TSC for $20. I need 3 more so this will same me some money. The OEM spring loaded ones are junk. My 2 new cans broke the first time I used them.
Yup, same ones I use, they're great! I love that they come with 2 flexible spouts which you could connect together to make one long spout, really convenient when fueling the tractor. I just shove the spout into the fuel fill, and prop the fuel can on top of my thigh, makes it so easy!