Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR?

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #31  
Thanks, @bmaverick. I am in Oregon about 25 miles south of Portland where the real Oregon starts.

I do have ROPS and it did save my life on the rollover. The bolts did bust out of the cast PTO cover so I had to get a new one. Better than dying as you said.

I was surprised that my local new tractor sales place, Menck Machinery, would fill my tires with Rim Guard for $180 so it seems like a good investment. I read a thread about the 4wd and the shifter slipping out.

Floppy 4wd Shifter-2210D

I have the Parts manual from Hoye so I think I will stay in 2wd until the rain starts then bring it into my shop to take apart.

Thanks again.

Tony
Hi Tony. Welcome to the forum. I live in Oregon City area and figuring things out myself as well. We are off Redland Rd and Henrici.

Member JohnDeere3720 has training in diesel mechanics and lives up in Banks. You may want to get in touch with him. He has been fixing up some Yanmars and posted threads here about his projects.

Regards,

PS

Did you have your seat belt on when rolling over? I’m trying to get the roll bar on my 186D for the same reasons of safety.
Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad you are all right.

Last edited:
   / Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #32  
Looking to buy a refurb Yanmar from them. Owners name is Steve, advertises on Portland, OR area Craigslist. Seems like a straight shooter on the phone but can't find much of anything about them on the internet, good or bad. Hoye was not familiar with them. Claims he deals in Japanese refurbs, not VN, but its a long drive for me to get there and would like to know if it's a fools errand. Any info appreciated.
I just bought a YM2210D from him a couple weeks ago. So far everything runs and works fine. I only have a few hours work on it. Pretty sure they are from Viet Nam. The tires on mine say Viet Nam on them. The bottom radiator hose on the ones I looked at including mine is painted. Some rust inside the coolant when I replace the temp sending unit. Mine runs fine and does not smoke or have any tell tale issues I can discern. I did go over the whole thing and found some loose bolts here and there for the loader. From what I understand they have been selling them for about 10 years. He did say they had a switched sources at one point and have not had any issues with the one they are using. I am happy so far.

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #33  
Shopping for a used tractor can be a struggle.
There was a Kubota at a dealership down near Salem that was advertised for $8995. I called to get some more info. They then said the ad was wrong and thought it was closer to $10,500.
I said I'm interested but asked them to verify the price with the boss.
I got a text about 15 minutes later saying the price is $11,895.

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #34  
Shopping for a used tractor can be a struggle.
There was a Kubota at a dealership down near Salem that was advertised for $8995. I called to get some more info. They then said the ad was wrong and thought it was closer to $10,500.
I said I'm interested but asked them to verify the price with the boss.
I got a text about 15 minutes later saying the price is $11,895.

As there are shortages on compact tractors, dealers are turning into being STEALERS of your hard earned $$$. That's a jump by $3K !!! o_O