Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR?

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #21  
How about a nice treat. See attached. From the Yanmar Tractor Owners Group on GroupsIO. :thumbsup:
Now I see how the tiller works internally. I just spent a half hour looking at the details in those diagrams.

Thanks!!! :thumbsup:

Last edited:
   / Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #22  
If I could get a few more comments from those familiar with Steve. I'm seriously considering getting something from him.

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #23  
If I could get a few more comments from those familiar with Steve. I'm seriously considering getting something from him.
I was in contact with him last spring when I started shopping for my YM2310 but at that time he had nothing available so I made the purchase thru Arizona Tractor. I did a lot research and found nothing negative so I most likely would gone that route if he had inventory. Looks like he just got a delivery as he's back up on FB Marketplace.

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #24  
I was in contact with him last spring when I started shopping for my YM2310 but at that time he had nothing available so I made the purchase thru Arizona Tractor. I did a lot research and found nothing negative so I most likely would gone that route if he had inventory. Looks like he just got a delivery as he's back up on FB Marketplace.
Yes, he has gotten quite a few in. One John Deere, that's gone now, I would have liked.

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #25  
Did anyone research into the yanmars he has? I guess people say to avoid 'reconditioned' yanmars.
He says he gets his from Japan and not Korea.

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #26  
I posted earlier in this thread, that I have both bought and sold to Steve, and found him to be an honest buyer and seller.

everything I have bought from him has been as advertised.

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #27  
Did anyone research into the yanmars he has? I guess people say to avoid 'reconditioned' yanmars.
He says he gets his from Japan and not Korea.

Once machines leave Japan, it's anyone's guess where they came from, so avoid any Japan tractors that did not come from Japan is the smart rule.

As for reconditioned, the best in the industry as a gold standard is the UTDA process.
Quality — Fredricks Importing

Fredricks in connection with Yanmar held to high standards for total restoration. Fredricks has a body shop, paint shop, engine rework center, dyno testing station, a build center, new parts inventory and most importantly the added safety equip hardware. The process is very proven, each machine is serialized and those build sheets with numbers are shared with Yanmar in audits. This way, the machines pass a tough standard to uphold. Should I list my tractor for sale on websites, I'm in the clear of Yanmar having it pulled because I can list the Fredrick's serial UTDA code and post an image of it that is very unique to each tractor and each model.

If it's not UTDA restored, then it may be fresh paint and fresh fluids only. And some may offer ROPS, seat belt and PTO shield and others will not. Most of the refurb places can't even use the Yanmar name on the machines brought over. Only Fredricks gained that recognition. That's the reason why we see refurbs listed as YNM on the decals and not Yanmar.

One refurb place in WA state not only uses YNM, they also paint the Yanmar machine's Mitsubishi blue!

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #28  
I have seen a lot of postings from Steve...everywhere. Usually, he sells them too quickly for me to get anything from him. I bought a 2210d from Motorcycle Warehouse. It seems that there were a few shortcuts taken when reassembling the engine ie, using "custom made" banjo bolts but it has run pretty well once I figured that out.

Since this is one of the only PNW threads I have seen I wanted to ask if there is anyone who does repairs on Grey market Yanmars. I lost 4wd. "Someone" was shifting while moving. I think it is a bent shift lever? but it's the diagnosis I am worried about. Could be a $50 part or a $1000+ transfer case. I am afraid that if I take it apart it will be apart for good. I live in between Newberg, OREGON, and Wilsonville, OREGON and I'd rather have someone who has experience with Yanmars, I've had a bad experience with a guy who usually only does "American" tractors, whatever that means. I have a pretty hilly 10 acres and I might have bought the wrong tractor since I already flipped it once. I flipped the tires, keep ballast on, and am about to fill with Rim Guard but I still feel shaky.

I didn't realize that to be a farmer meant you had to be a mechanic/welder/carpenter/arborist/laborer/economist/meteorologist and also patient. We have been here almost 3 years and are finally starting to reclaim it from the blackberries.

Any help for a kid who grew up in the suburbs and is putting together the airplane while I am flying.

Tony Doris

Last edited:
   / Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #29  
I have seen a lot of postings from Steve...everywhere. Usually, he sells them too quickly for me to get anything from him. I bought a 2210d from Motorcycle Warehouse. It seems that there were a few shortcuts taken when reassembling the engine ie, using "custom made" banjo bolts but it has run pretty well once I figured that out.

Since this is one of the only PNW threads I have seen I wanted to ask if there is anyone who does repairs on Grey market Yanmars. I lost 4wd. "Someone" was shifting while moving. I think it is a bent shift lever? but it's the diagnosis I am worried about. Could be a $50 part or a $1000+ transfer case. I am afraid that if I take it apart it will be apart for good. I live in between Newberg and Wilsonville and I'd rather have someone who has experience with Yanmars, I've had a bad experience with a guy who usually only does "American" tractors, whatever that means. I have a pretty hilly 10 acres and I might have bought the wrong tractor since I already flipped it once. I flipped the tires, keep ballast on, and am about to fill with Rim Guard but I still feel shaky.

I didn't realize that to be a farmer meant you had to be a mechanic/welder/carpenter/arborist/laborer/economist/meteorologist and also patient. We have been here almost 3 years and are finally starting to reclaim it from the blackberries.

Any help for a kid who grew up in the suburbs and is putting together the airplane while I am flying.

Tony Doris

Tony, not sure where you are, those cities can be anywhere. :)

As for repairs, Fredricks UTDA dealers do work on the YM and F-FX series that I'm aware of. That is the southeastern USA.

If you know of a John Deere diesel mechanic who knows the 50 Series, then the YM2210D isn't hard at all. ;)

Does your YM2210D have ROPS? Fredricks, Hoye and others do sell them for your machine. Better to pay almost $1K vs. being killed.

Rim Guard or RV/Marine 'pink' antifreeze both work the same. Way better than the toxic and corrosive CaCl from the old days.

Jump over to this thread, scroll thru till you find your model, then at the bottom of the posting is the Parts Manual for your machine. Look it over to get an EZ idea of how to fix your machine. ;)

Yanmar - Model Cover Pages

Once the harvest season finishes up, I'm hoping to add more to that thread again.

/ Has anyone delt with SG Equipment in Dundee OR? #30  
Thanks, @bmaverick. I am in Oregon about 25 miles south of Portland where the real Oregon starts.

I do have ROPS and it did save my life on the rollover. The bolts did bust out of the cast PTO cover so I had to get a new one. Better than dying as you said.

I was surprised that my local new tractor sales place, Menck Machinery, would fill my tires with Rim Guard for $180 so it seems like a good investment. I read a thread about the 4wd and the shifter slipping out.

Floppy 4wd Shifter-2210D

I have the Parts manual from Hoye so I think I will stay in 2wd until the rain starts then bring it into my shop to take apart.

Thanks again.

Tony