What works against rodents

/ What works against rodents #11  
That soy thing is not exactly accurate, it was a very few years that it was used in, furthermore, how many Model Fords were eaten when they produced the body from soy?

It is the leakage current in the security systems that they are attracted to. I forget why but it the same reason they will chew on house wiring when food gets lean.

The warmth from a cooling vehicle is also attractive which is why pest eliminators will tell you the first thing you need to do is remove the foliage they hide in and use as protection when crossing areas. Since they will flee that way when you start your vehicle and hide until that nice warm blanket comes back.

Personally I have mixed results with sonic deterrents, seems to work for mice, rats are more difficult once they arrive. Either an electric trap or the old snap traps baited with something like dried fruit that they cannot lick off and their teeth stick to.

Am curious about the peppermint thing, if it works I am mopping my shop floor with mystery oil!

/ What works against rodents #12  
That soy thing is not exactly accurate, it was a very few years that it was used in, furthermore, how many Model Fords were eaten when they produced the body from soy?

It is the leakage current in the security systems that they are attracted to. I forget why but it the same reason they will chew on house wiring when food gets lean.

The warmth from a cooling vehicle is also attractive which is why pest eliminators will tell you the first thing you need to do is remove the foliage they hide in and use as protection when crossing areas. Since they will flee that way when you start your vehicle and hide until that nice warm blanket comes back.

Personally I have mixed results with sonic deterrents, seems to work for mice, rats are more difficult once they arrive. Either an electric trap or the old snap traps baited with something like dried fruit that they cannot lick off and their teeth stick to.

Am curious about the peppermint thing, if it works I am mopping my shop floor with mystery oil!
Naw. It mostly injector and sensor wiring they were chewing through.

The other problem was Dodge using shredding blue jean material to use as noise insulation in the fenders. Makes for some seriously awesome nests! 🤦

According to the local Ford dealer, they are all going towards the soy based wiring eventually.

/ What works against rodents #13  
Naw. It mostly injector and sensor wiring they were chewing through.

The other problem was Dodge using shredding blue jean material to use as noise insulation in the fenders. Make for some seriously awesome nests!
That is definitely true. Cozy insulation!

/ What works against rodents #15  
wooly-buggar1.jpg

/ What works against rodents #17  
In my part of the century that is called coyote bait...
Cats are also fox bait.

Poison poison and more poison. Use only the blocks in the pet safe container. The pellets just get taken away and you will have a engine intake full of them.

/ What works against rodents #18  
Look up techflex rodent resistant wiring cover. It has capsicum in it that keeps rodents away. We have found that it is squirrels doing the damage. Leaving the hood open helps, I leave the hood open on the tractor also. There is also a ultrasonic device that you can put under the hood, not sure how well that works. They also eat the new plastic fuel lines from the tank. Dealer told me a story about a customer that kept having fuel lines damage. He brought his truck in for service one day and while they were standing there writing up the service order a squirrel came down from under the truck and ran off.

/ What works against rodents #19  
I haven't had the best luck with the deterrents in the vehicles. The rodents still seem to make their way in. Because of our pets I also try to minimize the poisons, but I am not opposed to using them in hard to reach areas if I need to.

I have had good luck with a 3.5 or 5-gal bucket of water and "walk the plank" traps. I like the 3.5 gallon bucket best just so it isn't as high a climb for the little fellas! With these you also don't have to continually check to see if you need to reset the trap. Just empty the drowned buggers every now and then. Even if I don't keep up with any bait I find it will still catch them.

You can find them on Amazon if you search for RinneTraps walk the plank mouse trap.

/ What works against rodents #20  
I've had mice get into my Ford F250 three times and built nests in the HVAC fan and the the evaporator cost me over 5 grand total. It finally dawned on me that the other three former trucks were diesels that were never touched and this one is gas, therefore I poured diesel fuel around the truck and bingo, no more mice.

I've tried traps but all I caught was chickadees. The cats are doing a good job but I want to cover all the bases. I also use a " critter out " spray that has peppermint as an ingredient that also works well.

By the way my Branson 3510I hasn't been touched though it's been surround
ed by mice.

Just my experience.