Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning...

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #1  

ultrarunner

Epic Contributor
SF Bay Area-Ca Olympia WA Salzburg Austria
Tractor
Cat D3, Deere 110 TLB, Kubota BX23 and L3800 and RTV900 with restored 1948 Deere M, 1949 Farmall Cub, 1953 Ford Jubliee and 1957 Ford 740 Row Crop, Craftsman Mower, Deere 350C Dozer 50 assorted vehicles from 1905 to 2006
Big Tex Dump Trailer Stolen Last night...

Locked pipe gate laying in road with chain wrapped around hit...

Seems truck was used to yank out the gate and then inside and cut lock chain and used safety chain to haul away under the cover of darkness...

To a person everyone has has experienced losses the last few years...

in case anyone happens to see it:Big Tex 10LX, license 4TC2447, Love Lafayette sticker on back

Attachments

• B531F6A2-75AB-4274-8A0A-B3823AA7B96C.jpeg
    B531F6A2-75AB-4274-8A0A-B3823AA7B96C.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 303
Last edited:
   / Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #2  
Sorry for your loss. I gave up trying to secure my trailers from theft. With cordless bolt cutters and cordless angle grinders, its a lost cause. I bought insurance for both my trailers. Cost $80 a year for a new 14K 20' trailer.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning...
Not sure how insurance will treat this...

The value really has not depreciated in this inflated market...

Brother said he heard the dogs barking but thought it was Coyotes...

Not a bad area and we'll fenced... but fences no match for a pickup with a stout chain...

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #5  
Not sure how insurance will treat this...

The value really has not depreciated in this inflated market...

Brother said he heard the dogs barking but thought it was Coyotes...

Not a bad area and we'll fenced... but fences no match for a pickup with a stout chain...
I had to dissuade a trespasser on our property this weekend. Not sure what he was really up to. He claimed he was trying to find a property up the road...but it is a short road and place he said he was trying to find was clearly marked. Fortunately, I had my Glock handy. I almost had to brandish it. He got out of the car and started walking towards me. I told him I was armed. He kept approaching. I had to put my empty hand up and tell him again to stop.

Probably need to get some cameras up. Right now the only things of value are the trees and us.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #6  
   / Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #7  
in case anyone happens to see it:Big Tex 10LX, license 4TC2447, Love Lafayette sticker on back
CA or WA license, and which location?

Bruce

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning...
California... SF Bay Area (Lafayette/Martinez)

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #9  
This sucks!
Sounds like you took more than reasonable cautions to secure it for insurance coverage (homeowners? )
Are trailers required to be insured in CA? This might be a hangup if so and it wasn't insured for theft.
Good luck.

/ Big Tex Dump Trailer stolen from ranch early this morning... #10  
It is just a crying shame that more of these low life thieving scum bag worthless turds don't catch some lead poisoning.