Starlink

/ Starlink #1,273  
Looks like the cost to manufacture will reduce, but not necessarily the consumer price.

Also, where did you get $125 number from? They currently cost them around $1300 each to manufacture and the article says that might reduce to 25% of it, which would be $425.

Rob

/ Starlink
#1,274  
Looks like the cost to manufacture will reduce, but not necessarily the consumer price.

Also, where did you get $125 number from? They currently cost them around $1300 each to manufacture and the article says that might reduce to 25% of it, which would be $425.

Rob
Got the $125 based on the $499 consumer price but the article says "It's not entirely clear if Shotwell's comments also mean a price decrease for the $499 dish." So you may be correct?

/ Starlink #1,275  
Got the $125 based on the $499 consumer price but the article says "It's not entirely clear if Shotwell's comments also mean a price decrease for the $499 dish." So you may be correct?
I believe that the actual briefing was clearer that it was the manufacturing cost. Several articles misconstrued the comments.

With demand into late 2022-2023, there isn't much incentive to lowering the consumer startup price, at least anytime soon. Why lose more money than you have to?

All the best,

Peter

/ Starlink #1,276  

The article is talking mainly about the cost to Starlink to manufacture the dish. This topic has been discussed in other SL forums for a month or so now. Consumer price MAY change but zero info on how right now.

/ Starlink #1,277  
With demand into late 2022-2023,
Been waiting for Starlink close to a year now, at two different properties. I said before: I really want a new set of infuriating technical problems as I'm tired of fighting the old infuriating ones.

Hope my Hughes legacy dish and morse code key holds up until something arrives .... :D

/ Starlink #1,278  
Been waiting for Starlink close to a year now, at two different properties. I said before: I really want a new set of infuriating technical problems as I'm tired of fighting the old infuriating ones.

Hope my Hughes legacy dish and morse code key holds up until something arrives .... :D

Feeling your pain here also.