injection molded plastic hard to read

/ injection molded plastic hard to read #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
i know i'm not the only one who has lots of trouble reading anything that is molded into the product. it's obviously the same color, usually very small writing and.....it's the cheapest way for the manufacturer to put on safety warnings or operating instructions.

have you ever found yourself looking for a window with the right amount and direction of light just so you can read how to open the tool...or what ever?

yesterday i was installing a microwave and they suggest using specific sized drills so.....i grabbed my new HF drill kit, opened it up and immediately started looking for some light so i could read the sizes. bastages!

i decided to mark the common sizes with a sharpie which is fine but, just for grins, i tried to just touch the raised parts of the molded letters. here's what i got. i skipped one just for comparison.

A6C6241D-BB61-4862-9E63-86D538C342C9.jpeg

/ injection molded plastic hard to read #2  
Yep, that works. I also have some black sockets that are nearly impossible to read. Just bought some white nail polish and plan to do the same thing.

My wife recently got stung by a yellow jacket. I couldn't see the stinger. Bought these and they have already come in handy. Work well and pretty comfortable.

1631793895983.png

/ injection molded plastic hard to read #3  
I did the same on my spraying equipment but the lettering was larger. Impressive job on the small drill case lettering.

I often use the flashlight on my phone and sometimes take a picture and then pinch zoom for other can’t read scenarios.

/ injection molded plastic hard to read #4  
For me - most all small lettering is a real problem. Even with my reading glasses. SO ...... hand magnifying glass and hand held flash light. Swing the light around to get the lettering to cast a shadow or illuminate the "impressed" lettering.

I really don't know how some companies can get such very small lettering on their packaging.

/ injection molded plastic hard to read #5  
Even the print on medicine has become so tiny that it has become a health hazard. Go Figure!

/ injection molded plastic hard to read #6  
I'm a member of this club too. But recent cataract surgery opened up a whole new world to me. For eyeryday things I feel undressed without my former glass perched on my nose....and.... I can read street signs now. But that tiny lettering is still a challenge even with a magnifying hand held lens. Marking silver sockets with black permanent marker helped me too.....except ...it rubs off after while.

Cheers,
Mike

/ injection molded plastic hard to read #7  
Yep, that works. I also have some black sockets that are nearly impossible to read. Just bought some white nail polish and plan to do the same thing.

My wife recently got stung by a yellow jacket. I couldn't see the stinger. Bought these and they have already come in handy. Work well and pretty comfortable.

View attachment 713552

Great idea. I haven't had very good luck trying to find a decent hand held magnifying glass. They all seem to be plastic now and are not very clear.

/ injection molded plastic hard to read #8  
One solution I use is dollar store LED lighted magnifying devices. I have a few laying about just for those moments.
I sometimes wonder if there should not be legal standards established for those warning labels.
Guess that's next.

/ injection molded plastic hard to read #9  
As far as labeling on drill bits - I had great difficulty reading the sizes on HF impact bits which were stamped in to each black bit. So I wiped the area with white paint, then wiped again after a few seconds. The paint stuck in the grooves very well.

Before I started using reading glasses I always carried a Credit Card Sized Magnifying Lense. Now I usually just use another pair of glasses doubled up.

/ injection molded plastic hard to read
I did the same on my spraying equipment but the lettering was larger. Impressive job on the small drill case lettering.

I often use the flashlight on my phone and sometimes take a picture and then pinch zoom for other can’t read scenarios.
i do that at restaurants when i can't read the menu.

went to a sports bar last nite to watch the nfl game....great game!

the first bar closed at 9pm. i grew up in bars, they don't close at 9, they open at 9. guy said they have so much trouble after 9 not worth it.

i found a buffalo wings place and they closed at 11!

takes eons to finish the last 2 minutes of a football game, like college hoops.

the gal let me sit at the bar until 11:45.