Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow.
#4,491  
funny...rolls is buying the engine/motor from someone else.
I think this is typically in the world of EV start ups like Tesla but quickly they realized "If it to be it is up to me".

#4,492  
   / Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,494  
Must have been in 1950.

#4,495  
Please elaborate on the two-thousand dollar new car. Thanks.
I didn't add the AM radio at the time of purchase. In the 200,000 we drove the car we never added AC.

Timing helped because I bought the Datsun 1200 while we were still on the gold standard in March 1973. By October 1973 and off the gold standard the price overnight shot up by $500.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,496  
...Don't fall for click bait nonsense EV articles...

LMAO....that would include about 98% of all the links posted in this thread....LoL...!

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,497  
Must have been in 1950.
I think the last $2000 new car went away in the early '60s. My parents bought a new Rambler Classic in 1962 for about $2k. "Old Blue" was the only car we ever named. They gave it to my younger sister when she got married. She and her husband drove it for about 10 years. It ran half a million miles and was still running when they traded it in.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,498  
My dad bought a '70 Nova new for I think $2900.

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,499  
I think the last $2000 new car went away in the early '60s. My parents bought a new Rambler Classic in 1962 for about $2k. "Old Blue" was the only car we ever named. They gave it to my younger sister when she got married. She and her husband drove it for about 10 years. It ran half a million miles and was still running when they traded it in.
I still have my '66 Rambler American. Window sticker is $1895, it has optional seat belts

/ Battery based electric vehicles of today and tomorrow. #4,500  
I still have my '66 Rambler American. Window sticker is $1895, it has optional seat belts
Oh, man i had one of those in the 70's. I don't really remember if it had seat belts. I parted it out after losing the drive line. Bang. Shouldn't complain, i bought it for $5 and an A&W Teen burger. Pretty cool car though, as i found out when a started to take it apart. Unibody construction was one of the things i noted. There was a steady stream of customers restoring Ramblers.

Status
Not open for further replies.