Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,461  
Seems to me when you put a driver in an automatic truck they stop paying attention to things and become easily distracted, find time to play with thier phone, try to eat and do other things they never did before. Then we wonder why the quality of truck drivers has diminished to the point of No one respects them anymore.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,462  
Seems to me when you put a driver in an automatic truck they stop paying attention to things and become easily distracted, find time to play with thier phone, try to eat and do other things they never did before. Then we wonder why the quality of truck drivers has diminished to the point of No one respects them anymore.
Interesting how you just articulated all the reasons I have my children learning on a manual trans:ROFLMAO:

…how hard it is to source a reliable manual transmission vehicle now days is disturbing.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,463  
…how hard it is to source a reliable manual transmission vehicle now days is disturbing.
Got a kiddo a couple, 3 years away from driving age whose into cars, tractors, yardwork etc. I also have a friend who, not too long ago, purchased a very mechanically solid late 90's-earl 00's 4wd manual taco to use to commute to his property up in the woods. I know how the guys cares for tools he loves and he knows that I want first right of refusal whenever he gets ready to sell his truck.... hopefully around the time my oldest is getting ready to drive.

That being said, I also have a very good relationship with my mechanic and his family/shop guys. I full well intend to do some ear bending for advice and eventual first vehicle leads in exchange for real turkey gumbo around the holidays. (y)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,464  
I had to learn to slow down for turns. I used to judge by what gear I was in, or new I had to go to X gear for a turn like that.
Otherwise I still pay attention but yeah, I agree, many let their skills deteriorate.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,465  
Oops I should clarify I was a rated Private Pilot with instrument and commercial ratings at the time-- just no training or experience with multi-engine.

I did later get the multi engine rating. And learned through that training just how hazardous my flight had been ...You app

Oops I should clarify I was a rated Private Pilot with instrument and commercial ratings at the time-- just no training or experience with multi-engine.

I did later get the multi engine rating. And learned through that training just how hazardous my flight had been ...
You must have done well. And there was an instructor on board if you felt insecure or ran into problems. Aren't you glad that a controller didn't radio you upon landing with a "Special Telephone Number" with the instructions to call immediately after securing the aircraft! I am glad things went well. And you are right, RPM doesn't show everything if using constant speed props. Best Wishes.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,466  
I am currently dealing with a 2019 ram diesel dually and unfortunately a automatic transmission. Even after all of this time I still hate that darn automatic transmission when slow accurate vehicle movement is needed. Especially involving trailors and any type of change in grades. Unfortunately its a daily issue for me. Sure wish the manual transmissions had been available.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,467  
Aren't you able to manually select the gear using the ERS? Electronic range selection will prevent the trans from exceeding the set gear, so if you select 1; 1st is all it can use.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,468  
Interesting how you just articulated all the reasons I have my children learning on a manual trans

I don't believe it's even an option on American pickup trucks anymore. The 10 speed autos are more fuel efficient. You don't even feel them shifting.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,469  
I don't believe it's even an option on American pickup trucks anymore. The 10 speed autos are more fuel efficient. You don't even feel them shifting.
Tacoma I believe is the only pickup with the option. Very sad. I work a lot with Soldiers and the next generation is completely dumb founded when they go to another country and the only things available are manual.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #15,470  
True for the 1/2 tons but still available on 3/4 and larger